Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Lenzless rotation using radially (update: axially works too) magnetized PM.

Started by broli, February 02, 2009, 04:22:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

wizkycho

Hi broli !

can't wait to see your experiment, where did you stuck ?

Wiz

broli

I got stuck at the tape and junk part  ;D. These experiments look like some 3 year old child has put them together, I mostly use tape and junk stuff. Every time I want to do an experiment I get too annoyed by stupid hindrances. By just thinking of stuff I have learned more than doing experiments in this last period. But I currently have a very small palm sized proof of concept in mind. It uses an electromagnet instead of a permanent one. And should show the principle as well. I'm going to make a rendition of and attach it in a moment.

broli

It's kind of ironic that I went full circle and ended up where I started. I'm still puzzled about many things of the homopolar motor does and doesn't (like newtons third law). I thought I learned a lot until all the knowledge collapsed on me and left me naked. So basically I ended back at the radially magnetized magnets.

I have two concepts now. One is shown below and the other is a straightforward modification of it. The one shown below also acts as a generator, meaning there's "Lenz effect". This is because the charge moves along the electric field AND the direction of rotation. So this gives a counter force back in the form of an electrical field which halts the current. If this works it would still be superior to an old skool DC motor though. As there's no polarity flip and the head aches that come with that  Flipping polarity also wakes the self induction up of the coil which is another bad factor (sparks and all that other good stuff). So it's a pretty efficient generator.

Anyways the other design is no different from the below one. You just switch roles. The wires become the stator and the magnet becomes the rotor. IF (this is where I have been puzzled about a month long) this works there's no Lenz effect,because charge is only moving in one direction. Instead the reaction force of the Lorentz force acts on the atomic magnetic dipoles which cause it to rotate until it explodes.

As a side note. The magnet can be made like mentioned in my other thread about radially magnetizing materials. In this case two pancake coils on both sides of an iron ring would be enough to amplify the field. Best case would be of course making permanent ones.

petersone

Hi broli and all
for me,I can't wait for the next installment,anything to do with lenzless generation gets my attention,so I'm sure a lot are watching.
peter

broli

Quote from: petersone on March 03, 2009, 12:49:39 PM
Hi broli and all
for me,I can't wait for the next installment,anything to do with lenzless generation gets my attention,so I'm sure a lot are watching.
peter

Thanks, the more the merrier.

I today realized there's nothing wrong with the old concepts. I just got confused with all the knowledge. All you do is use newtons third law. The reaction force is doing work on the MASS of the magnet while the field remains the same. Can't get any easier than that. The Work-Energy theorem doesn't count for electromagnetism as the force does not get displaced even though the mass does. I believe this hasn't been used in the past because of the mass of a magnet versus its magnetic strength. So neodymium magnets are really good for this, as they can be 20 times stronger at the same size.

Also I gave up on home experimentation. I'm looking for some technical schools that allow me to make parts with their machines. I'm getting nowhere with duct tape and the few resources I have; If anyone is willing to aid with the experimentation it would be greatly appreciated.