Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

bye bye guns. THANK YOU OBAMA!

Started by b0rg13, February 03, 2009, 12:40:22 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

@ RR:

Thanks for that article......this guy (Obama) is going way too far here.  The major problem is what he considers an "assault" weapon and what we consider one are 2 totally different things.  I have heard he considers semi-auto pistols assault weapons......so.... here we go.

They won't ever get my guns from me.....they can try....but I would not recommend it.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Cap-Z-ro

Absolutely no gun should be restricted...particularly when your government is building internment camps and manning them with foreign troops.

Regards...

Bessler007

Quote from: wizardofmars on February 04, 2009, 11:41:19 PM
If the US situation with firearms is such a good idea, why does the US have such a huge firearm fatality rate? Regardless of the cause (accident, suicide, crime or self defense) the US is the world leader in firearm fatalities.

The Australian government banned most firearms in the mid 90's after a gunman killed 35 people. See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Port_Arthur_massacre_(Australia)

Here are gun-related deaths per 100,000 people in the world's 36 richest countries in 1994: United States 14.24; Brazil 12.95; Mexico 12.69; Estonia 12.26; Argentina 8.93; Northern Ireland 6.63; Finland 6.46; Switzerland 5.31; France 5.15; Canada 4.31; Norway 3.82; Austria 3.70; Portugal 3.20; Israel 2.91; Belgium 2.90; Australia 2.65; Slovenia 2.60; Italy 2.44; New Zealand 2.38; Denmark 2.09; Sweden 1.92; Kuwait 1.84; Greece 1.29; Germany 1.24; Hungary 1.11; Republic of Ireland 0.97; Spain 0.78; Netherlands 0.70; Scotland 0.54; England and Wales 0.41; Taiwan 0.37; Singapore 0.21; Mauritius 0.19; Hong Kong 0.14; South Korea 0.12; Japan 0.05.

America might have the largest gun related death rate but when it comes to just killing people were a little down the list.  I think in some countries a person can be murdered and it doesn't show up in their statistics.

Some of the hand gun deaths in America are at the hands of people defending their property or life.  I don't know if your stats include people that are shot by authorities.

Bessler007

source:

http://www.nationmaster.com/graph/cri_mur_percap-crime-murders-per-capita
:)
http://www.bessler007.blogspot.com
Please try again. If you come back to this error screen, report the error to an administrator.

Digjam

http://www.usconstitution.net/const.html

(You might want to read the section on the powers of congress,and the President)

Amendment 2 - Right to Bear Arms. Ratified 12/15/1791.

A well regulated Militia, being necessary to the security of a free State, the right of the people to keep and bear Arms, shall not be infringed.

(This doesn't say anything about assault weapons,in fact it doesn't even say "guns" it says ARMS, to me that means ANY ARMS.)

Amendment 10 - Powers of the States and People. Ratified 12/15/1791.

The powers not delegated to the United States by the Constitution, nor prohibited by it to the States, are reserved to the States respectively, or to the people.

(Notice that Amendments 1 through 10 don't give congress any powers)

Amendment 13 - Slavery Abolished. Ratified 12/6/1865.

1. Neither slavery nor involuntary servitude, except as a punishment for crime whereof the party shall have been duly convicted, shall exist within the United States, or any place subject to their jurisdiction.

2. Congress shall have power to enforce this article by appropriate legislation.

(This was included in this post to show some amendments give congress specific
powers.)

Bar to Federal Action

The Bill of Rights was understood, at its ratification, to be a bar on the actions of the federal government. Many people today find this to be an incredible fact. The fact is, prior to incorporation, discussed below, the Bill of Rights did not apply to the states. This is, however, quite in line with what the Constitution was originally designed to be: a framework for the federal government. In other words, though the federal government was banned from violating the freedom of the press, states were free to regulate the press. For the most part, this was not an issue, because the state constitutions all had bills of rights, and many of the rights protected by the states mirrored those in the federal Bill, and many went further than the federal Bill.

(The way I read the Constitution, Congress has NO authority to make ANY laws
in respect to the Bill of Rights.
And the President has NO authority to make ANY LAWS Period.

Many of our Gun rights have already been infringed, but were done so
Unlawfully.)

Pirate88179

Bessler:

I disagree with one of your questions.  That chart says "Murder" and therefore any deaths by cops or citizens defending themselves should NOT be included in those figures.  Most likely they are included and should not be.

When they (anti gun folks here in the USA) talk about "children killed by guns" you would think that is what they mean....but, come to find out, they include ALL of the gang killings and drive-by shootings in these figures even if the gang member is 25 he is still called a child for these statistics.  Interesting chart though, good to see.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen