Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

couple questions

Started by mr_bojangles, July 24, 2009, 05:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sm0ky2

ok first lets define "what" is creating the electricity...

the magnetic field, moving across the conductor.

bojangles is partly right in saying that "speed" is a factor.
but more accurately, Momentum is the value we look at.
the momentum of the moving magnet is directly porportional to the electrical energy created within a given coil.

next: lets simplify this arrangement by examining the function of the "ramp"...
the ramp decreases the gravitational vector, while extending the path of travel, resulting in the same momentum imparted onto the 'falling' magnet, from a given height.

so- lets take away the ramp and what we are left with is simply a vertically oriented solenoid.

Now.. the energy generated by a magnet of a given mass, is exactly the same as the energy required to lift this mass to its original height (minus applicable losses).

increasing the strength of the magnet, while keeping the mass the same, performs the same function as the "ramp".
the resistive flux generated in the coils slows the mangnet, while increasing the time is is generating a current through the coil.
the Momentum imparted on the magnet by the gravitational vector throughout its travel remains the same, and thus the generated electricity is identicle between the two magnets.

one will generate more current over a short time, and the latter will generate less current over a longer time. speaking in terms of energy, the two are equivalent.

two solenoids, in which the magnets are of the same mass
but are designed to operate within different time intervals,
comsume the same ammount of energy to send them upwards
and (again minus losses) generate the same ammount of energy when they 'fall'.

assuming a constant height, this time interval would be adjusted by the number of turns on the coil, or by the strength of the magnet. ( or both)

assuming a close to ideal efficiency in electrical conversion, and all losses accounted for;
this energy value is equal to = (Mass)*(Height)*(Gravity)

which is, coincidentally, the same energy value as required to mechanically lift the magnets to the top of the solenoid.

hope this clears things up a bit.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

sm0ky2

the question of the generator is a completely different scenario.

here you are using a turn-crank to impart the momentum into the moving magnets.

using stronger magnets will increase the force required to maintain the same angular velocity. (you have to crank harder)

where-as the gravitational vector is constant.

if you had a method of keeping your crank-power input the same, the result of the stronger magnets would be a slower rotational speed, and the exact same ammount of electrical energy generated.

I was fixing a shower-rod, slipped and hit my head on the sink. When i came to, that's when i had the idea for the "Flux Capacitor", Which makes Perpetual Motion possible.

mr_bojangles

@sm0ky
thanks man, couldn't find that specific an answer on the internet anywhere, been drivin me nuts

that was, however, my suspicion

i guess distance would be the key here
(in the case of the ramp)

i wonder if we could use a balanced lever or gears, simple machines and exploit the relationship between distance and mass, using a heavier counterweight to make another mass (a magnet) to move further than just applying the force directly

any takers?
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

the_big_m_in_ok

mr_bojangles
...i wonder if we could use a balanced lever or gears, simple machines and exploit the relationship between distance and mass, using a heavier counterweight to make another mass (a magnet) to move further than just applying the force directly
any takers?
Well, I think conservation of energy comes into the picture when mechanical systems are used.  However, magnetic means of imparting movement are possibly something to the contrary: The basic premise behind the Bedini system(s) come to my mind.
Off-centered magnet torque applied in a circular motion can get around Lenz' law limitations

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

mr_bojangles

i think we need to combine a gravity wheel with a permanent magnet motor by using the counter weights as our generating source, that way lenz law will only be inducted into the mass of the moving weight itself, and not interfere with the energy required to keep the wheel moving

in this way, were only dealing with the friction of the axle and the more mass we have-or need- could help with a flywheel effect in creating more angular momentum

thats all i have for now, might upload drawings later

any other ideas?
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields