Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

couple questions

Started by mr_bojangles, July 24, 2009, 05:41:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_bojangles

so lets take an incline and allow a disk magnet to roll down it

lining the sides of the incline are coils for magnetic induction

now what would be the ratio for generating capacity of the disk magnet in relation to mass and strength of the magnet?

obviously EMF would act to slow down the magnet, and if it were too much the disk would stop rotating

taking this into account, what is the ratio of energy between raising the magnet to the top of the ramp vs. the energy generated by having it roll down the ramp

second question

if you had two magnets, (a) and (b), of the same mass but (b) being twice as strong in field strength as (a),

(assuming the same number of conductors spaced the same distance relative to the magnet)

what would the relationship be between generating capabilities

would (a) and (b) generate the same amount of electricity, because Lenz Law would act more against the stronger magnet,

or would (b) generate more, being slightly more efficient but still not enough to raise itself to the top of the ramp

or possibly (a) would have greater output for reasons unknown to me

cross my fingers someone has any idea what im talkin about

this one has me a little confused whenever i think about it

thanks in advance,

until next time
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

mr_bojangles

basically i want to know the relation between mass and strength in a magnet,

easier version would be if i made a crank generator and i have 2 magnets that i can swap out

with the same set up,

and same mass, one being twice as strong as the other.

i crank it the same amount of times using each magnet and i charge a battery

which one would be more efficient?

which yields more, or would it be the same yield of energy?

good luck

"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

the_big_m_in_ok

mr_bojangles said:
...basically i want to know the relation between mass and strength in a magnet, ...
Okay, then, in either case, what you have is the action of an AC motor.  The faster the AC rotor turns, the more power is generated and produced.  Similarly, the steeper the ramp, or the more magnets along the ramp, the greater power produced.  Both have increasingly "wild" frequency variance in magnitude as speed of movement is increased.

There should be electrical physics texts, with math calculations, that can show you how to predict the power produced if you can transfer effective motion between the ramp and motor.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

mr_bojangles

i guess the easiest question to ask would be

does using a stronger magnet in a generator mean greater output if the mass stays the same

what i don't know is will the back EMF  induced by the stronger magnet just cancel out any possible gain from using the stronger magnet

the only correlation i can see is that the more mass, the more angular momentum which would achieve a flywheel type affect

i feel like it makes sense that the stronger the magnet and the less mass the more efficient the generator would be but i want to make sure

bc if thats true than im almost positive theres a loop hole in there somewhere we can exploit

just give your opinion, you don't even have to say why, just tell me which you think would produce more energy
-WC Fields

the_big_m_in_ok

mr_bojangles said:
the only correlation i can see is that the more mass, the more angular momentum which would achieve a flywheel type affect

just give your opinion, you don't even have to say why, just tell me which you think would produce more energy
Have a look at this:
http://www.animations.physics.unsw.edu.au/jw/electricmotors.html

Speed, according to the source above, is more of a factor.  Although, I think for a transformer, a high turns ratio secondary would also contribute more to BEMF.  A stronger magnet acting on a coil as well.  Or a coil with more turns.

--Lee

"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.