Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I actually need an answer ?

Started by Megaverse, February 12, 2009, 11:48:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Megaverse

I'm looking for the name of the company who runs the generators (or who OWNS them them actually) for phones line when there's a blackout ?

ever notice your phone works when there's a blackout ? that 70 volt has to come from somewhere and i've heard of a company who are looking for guys like us that will come with new ideas of how to generate some current and so i would like to take a chance and try them.

I live in Québec / canada but it's possible that it's a damn american company since they're invading everywhere ! anyway for that specific cathegorie i wouldn't mind working for americans.

Thanks you in advanced and if you know the answer for your local place and it's not mine you could tell anyway it might help someone else, bye

jadaro2600

Those crazy boxes with all the wires and tele-connects have batteries in them.  It's batteries that keep the phones online when the power goes out - after all, the linemen had to use something to communicate with the operations center.

Phonelines developed independently of the transmission lines.  They're on seperate systems unless you've moved into some newer neighborhood where the power company has a monopoly.

If you phone line is carrying 70 volts, there's something wrong with it.  It should be only 35 or so, and that's still high.

Voltages are maintained durring outages with batteries; the systems would otherwise require rebooting and what-not - they're esentially computerized switches now days.

Megaverse

wow thanks jarado2600 for this amount of information, though i have a friend who has been approched by such a company ? you think he was lying ? what he told me is their job is to keep theses lines alive when there's no power ? so maybe they are the batteries owners ? well i wouldn't be too much surprised if he lied but he really didn't have any purpous to do so.

and for the 70 volt information i took this info there..: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WoaLGvJkoP8

it was bettween 40 to 70 volt ...well in his opignion.

(so in bref you think there's no company behind this ? that the phone lines are maintained only by the phone company or maybe an affilate of the same nature ?)

Tempest

Most likely they have a very large UPS system with diesel generator as a back up. The company that I work for has a UPS system the size of the first floor of my house. The room has over a hundred glass housed lead acid batteries with two units for switching to battery power and switching the generator on. At the company that I work for it is used for computer power back up.

mscoffman

For the central telephone companies those very large Common DC Batteries
have always been part of business of supplying telephone service. They
are probably backed up by standard large diesel engine generator sets.
Those generators take a long time to start up, but then can be run
continuously by simply getting another tanker truck load of diesel fuel if
need be, in an emergency.

On the other end, the business Private Branch Exchanges PBX operating
electronically and even user telephone equipment requires some
form of standard UPS in the event of a primary power system failure.

The telephone company doesn't function as UPS because telphone
lines have a 600 ohm impedance at best. Only enough power is
available for telephone audio and signaling, but it still needs to
(has always) come from the central telephone office.

:S:MarkSCoffman