Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Varnished wire question

Started by jadaro2600, February 17, 2009, 04:24:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bulbz

Quote from: brian334 on February 17, 2009, 07:22:38 PM
The issue is not winding a coil.
The issue is bare wire, for what ever reason this guy wants bare wire,
So I suggested he buy bare wire.

Or he may already have the coated wire, and maybe wants to go and sell it to a scrap metal dealer.  ;D
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

jadaro2600

This has to be the most humorous thread yet;

The reason that I need the enamel removed is because I don't want to solder - it's impractical  for prototyping; although, I suppose that I could just use a larger wire for the prototype, none the less;

I need to be able to remove a section of enamel from the wire without cause it to become embrittled by the heat of a flame.

The wire is thin, and whether or not it's thick or thin, a chemical which  removes the varnish or enamel is favored.  Consider an application which requires tapping the coil at a specific location on the winds, or perhaps you're stuck in my position, where soldering is a pain for prototyping, fire won't work, and embrittlement is an issue.

Thus far the best suggestion has been the methylated spirits.  I have no idea what Nitromors are and the nail polish remover ( acetone and a bunch of other various chemicals which arguably do more than just remove nail polish ) isn't working at all even after 4 hours.

I've gone so far as to consider acids of some sort, but I haven't got access to those sorts of things unless I make them myself, and then I'm limited to what can be made from table salt. Soda Lye and Hydrochloric Acid depending on how good a day I'm having I might be able to raise of lower the PH by a point or two - but that's it; I really haven't got a clue what I'm doing and I hate chlorine!

Bulbz has a good point too, someone might read this and want to remove the enamel for the recycling biz.

Paul-R

Quote from: brian334 on February 17, 2009, 07:22:38 PM
The issue is not winding a coil.
The issue is bare wire, for what ever reason this guy wants bare wire,
So I suggested he buy bare wire.
I think, Brian, the point may be that it comes enamelled. Use an angle grinder on the main
8:1 transformer in a scrapped microwave oven, and you get out some magnificent
copper lacquered coils.

Bulbz

When you stated "prototyping", are you using one of those systems with the holes that you push wires into ?.

If so, you could just solder the wire to copper pins, and insert that into the board instead !
Best regards.
Steve Ancell.

jadaro2600

I think I'm just going to prototype with a larger gage wire.

I'll go looking for varnish remover tomorrow and post any results - if I can remember.