Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Mt 24 reviewed

Started by BAHammer, February 25, 2009, 11:08:22 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

erickdt

Gearing mechanisms and scizzor jacks will not work in such arrangements because it will always take the same ammount of input + more input to account for mechanical losses to make them work in which case you would have been better off not having those devices to begin with (because you've un-necessarily complicated the system causing more losses and a net reduction in output).

BAHammer

Quote from: erickdt on March 03, 2009, 11:00:51 AM
Gearing mechanisms and scizzor jacks will not work in such arrangements because it will always take the same ammount of input + more input to account for mechanical losses to make them work in which case you would have been better off not having those devices to begin with (because you've un-necessarily complicated the system causing more losses and a net reduction in output).

erickdt,
Check the drawing, the math in the My Current Build thread.
It will explain what in math allows it to work. The trick is that a 2.5 lb.
weight can lift a 5 lb. weight. The weight hanging down from the fixed arm only assists
in the lifting. It might help to time when the weights shift positions. But if the elver does most of the work, then it would depend on the rotation of the wheel.
The weight being lifted would only be lifted 1/2 the drop of the lever. It can work  :)

erickdt

Quote from: BAHammer on March 03, 2009, 03:22:21 PM
  erickdt,
Check the drawing, the math in the My Current Build thread.
It will explain what in math allows it to work. The trick is that a 2.5 lb.
weight can lift a 5 lb. weight. The weight hanging down from the fixed arm only assists
in the lifting. It might help to time when the weights shift positions. But if the elver does most of the work, then it would depend on the rotation of the wheel.
The weight being lifted would only be lifted 1/2 the drop of the lever. It can work  :)

The fact that the lever needs to be twice as long on one side of the pivot as the other (in order to lift the 5 lb weight) will result in the 2.5 lb weight canceling out any net torque you might have gained...

grayone

Sorry :'( I was hoping for something better due to the first drawing.

FreeEnergy

just build the damn thing already and lets see if it works.