Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

communicating Barrels

Started by pinobot, January 17, 2006, 04:00:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

IcyBlue

Just some keywords: hydrostatic pressure, hydraulic systems => 1st semester of classical physics.
*** Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off. ***

pinobot

help me out here, i know about hydrostatic pressure, what has it got to do with this design?

I know these designs don't work because of hydrostatic pressure, or will they?? :P

To boldly stay home.

FreeEnergy

more details on this one please.. :)

pinobot

Part "B" can move up and down.
The weight of the fluid "b" pulls down part "B" creating underpressure in "A", sucking up fluid through pipe "a" to "b" in the direction of the arrow.

Part "B"can move up and down.
The weight of fluid "b"pulls down Part "B" creating underpressure in "A", sucking fluid throught pip "a"to "b" in the direction of the arrow.
To boldly stay home.

IcyBlue

You have a closed system. This means, if you reduce the pressure in the chamber above the fluid, you excert a dragging force onto the fluid. Since it is a closed system, we can ignore (to simplify the explanation) the fluid in the volume with the bigger diameter. What counts is only the diameter of the ingoing and outgoing pipe. Since they both have the same diameter, the underpressure you create is causing the same force on both of them - but in the opposite direction. Both forces cancel each other out, leaving you with a net force of zero. The only thing that will happen is that the fluid at some level of underpressure starts to change its state, i.e. it "boils".

The hydrostatic pressure (F=rho*g*h) on the left side (with the large fluid volume) is exactly the same as on the right side (with the way smaller volume). Only the height of the fluid column counts, not its mass. Since you connect them in a U-shape fashion, they both cancel each other out, leaving you again with a net force of zero.

The only chance to get anything in motion is to disturb the energy balance on either side of this setup, e.g. changing the gravity that acts on the fluid on one side.

*** Due to recent cutbacks, the light at the end of the tunnel has been turned off. ***