Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Master Of Magnetics "Steven Mark"

Started by Mannix, January 30, 2006, 06:18:53 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

starcruiser

Quote from: -[marco]- on September 22, 2006, 03:30:12 PM
i have seen a device once it was two iron like standing things with a spark between them.
these things were in a V shape from each other.
now with low power the spark was low in the V and little but as this guy pushes power up the spark would move up and get bigger.
so the more power the point of discharge true the air was moving upwards.
i find that kinda weird because logical the spark should take the shortest way and that is below in a V shape.

I believe that effect is caused by ionization of the air molecules which makes it easier to bridge the gap and the spark rises due to thermal heating.

Regards

Carl
Regards,

Carl

gn0stik

i have seen a device once it was two iron like standing things with a spark between them.
now with low power the spark was low in the V and little but as this guy pushes power up the spark would move up and get bigger.
i find that kinda weird because logical the spark should take the shortest way and that is below in a V shape.

This device is called a "jacobs ladder", another Tesla invention. The reason the arc moves upward is because it's powered in very rapid pulses of electricity. The heat of the last strike creates more resistance in the same spot, so it finds the spot with the next least resistance, which is farther up the gap, this along with ionization are the cause.. When the lower area cools enough the spark begins at the bottom again. At least this is my understanding of it.

Regards.
Rich

Edit: oops looks like carl got to it before I did.

Dingus Mungus

The device I believe you are descibing is a "jacobs ladder" the reason the arc moves up is the air acts as a conducter a byproduct of this effect is heating of the air which makes it a better conducter but the hot air rises. With enough voltage the arc will jump from the widest gap at the top lose its ionized heat pocket and reset to the closest arc point to start again.

starcruiser

gn0stik,

I just couldn't recall the name of the device, thanks

Carl
Regards,

Carl

hartiberlin

Quote from: ctglabs on September 22, 2006, 03:25:24 PM
Just out of interest I have tried pulsing a coil from different ends and the wave shape is quite different, why is this?

Regards,

Dave.

Dave, it depends also of the emitter potential !
If you pulse the transistor ALWAYS between emitter and
basis this should be equal !

Try it as you have a floating scope your groundlines
should not influence..

P.S: Also only attach a picture.
You don?t need to press the imagelink in your posting,
just attach the file, otherwise there will be a missing picture be displayed which is
confusing...
Stefan Hartmann, Moderator of the overunity.com forum