Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Pulsing a Permanent Magnet on/off

Started by gravityblock, April 16, 2009, 11:38:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gravityblock

I think most of us will agree that if one could pulse or turn a PM on/off with low cost on the switching mechanism, we will have OU.

I haven't found a way to turn a PM on/off, but I think we can emulate switching a PM on and off by using a ferromagnetic material instead of a magnet. A ferromagnetic material can act as a PM in every way.  We will refer to this ferromagnetic material as a metal for simplicity sake.

We can easily switch the metal between the two following options:

1)  Attract a magnet and not attract another metal piece.
2)  Repel a magnet and attract another metal piece.

I'll post a drawing or a video on how we can switch between the two options at little to no cost using a magnet whose only purpose is to control the switching (this could also be accomplished with a magnet and reed switch).  Before I take the time to create a drawing or video, I would like to know first if this has any potential in working. 

To have the metal to repel a magnet is easy.  Place two magnets with the same pole's attached to the front side of the metal.  With this arrangement the backside of the metal will repel another magnet at a distance and will attract metal.  Now, turn one of the magnets over so a north pole is attached to the metal and a south pole is attached to the metal (both magnets on the front side of the metal).  With this arrangement, the backside of the metal won't attract another metal piece and will attract a magnet.

This is not difficult to understand.  All we are doing, is substituting some of the magnets with a ferromagnetic material, which can emulate a magnet, that we can control in order to simulate pulsing or turning a permanent magnet on/off.  The thickness of the metal must be matched to the strength of the magnets that are attached to the metal in order to obtain the desired results.  There is a simple technique to matching the thickness of the metal to the magnets, which I will share if there are those who want to build and test.

Let me know what you think.

Thanks,

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Tito L. Oracion

Quote from: gravityblock on April 16, 2009, 11:38:40 PM

I think most of us will agree that if one could pulse or turn a PM on/off with low cost on the switching mechanism, we will have OU.

I haven't found a way to turn a PM on/off, but I think we can emulate switching a PM on and off by using a ferromagnetic material instead of a magnet. A ferromagnetic material can act as a PM in every way.  We will refer to this ferromagnetic material as a metal for simplicity sake.

I'll post a drawing or a video on how we can switch between the two options at little to no cost using a magnet whose only purpose is to control the switching (this could also be accomplished with a magnet and reed switch).  Before I take the time to create a drawing or video, I would like to know first if this has any potential in working. 

To have the metal to repel a magnet is easy.  Place two magnets with the same pole's attached to the front side of the metal.  With this arrangement the backside of the metal will repel another magnet at a distance and will attract metal.  Now, turn one of the magnets over so a north pole is attached to the metal and a south pole is attached to the metal (both magnets on the front side of the metal).  With this arrangement, the backside of the metal won't attract another metal piece and will attract a magnet.

This is not difficult to understand.  All we are doing, is substituting some of the magnets with a ferromagnetic material, which can emulate a magnet, that we can control in order to simulate pulsing or turning a permanent magnet on/off.  The thickness of the metal must be matched to the strength of the magnets that are attached to the metal in order to obtain the desired results.  There is a simple technique to matching the thickness of the metal to the magnets, which I will share if there are those who want to build and test.

Thanks,

GB

How about reconditioning the magnet like what floyd sweet has done in his VTA.

try to search floyd sweet VTA

gyulasun

Hi GB

Maybe you are also aware of Naudin tests on a very similar setup you have just described.  See this link:

http://jnaudin.free.fr/html/mep1.htm

The setup you describe and that of Naudin's both surely works, (I tested Naudin's setup some years ago)  the question is how to utilize them in a useful arrangement, keeping the input power at a minimum possible for operating them while making advantage of the flipping and/or increased flux lines in the arrangement,

I am all ears to seeing a drawing on your setup.   :)

rgds, Gyula

Xaverius

Hi GB, you may already know this, but Butch LaFonte has made excellent strides in this area.  Worth looking into.

Low-Q

Quote from: gravityblock on April 16, 2009, 11:38:40 PM

Thanks,

GB
So you'll make temporary "permanentmagnets"?

Vidar