Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Weightless Weight

Started by Alexioco, May 01, 2009, 05:27:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lilhawk

Sorry Hans...I don't have wm2d....so I do not know what you are seeing.

what I have learned through this is that 90 degrees gives the best transfer of a load through the string. If you go farther than 90 degrees
the load starts to be shared with pulley achor point  and out going string.

hansvonlieven

Lilhawk,

The PM system here does not appear to work at the moment, send a message to hans@keelytech.com and I tell you what to do.

Hans
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx

ruggero

To all of you WM2D folks:

Please consider posting your animation as AVI, QUICKTIME, SWF, MEDIAPLAYER etc. so that all of us (who would definately like to review and comment on these tests) can 'join the club' of contribution.
Usually it's a matter of export features in your software preferences.(!)

At least - if that's too difficult - post a JPG or screendump together with your wm2d.

Thanks a lot
ruggero

ruggero

Lilhawk...

I like drawings just like you... ;)

If you are working in Illustrator and Flash, we could exchange raw-files and spare some time re-drawing the same thing?

Alexioco:
Thanks for your feedback on my design idea.

Is it possible that you can try build the 'circle' (i.e. rope/line guide) into your model?
I mean: You allready exposed a very talented craftmanship for model building.

Look at my latest drawing below.
If Alexioco's is right about balancing and can make a small weight do the moving (and lifting), the 'circle' design will actually lift the weight almost 1.25 times the diameter distance all the way to the top 12:00.
The small weight falling only 120 degree (or 1/3 turn).

All I can do, is making a Flash animation....

regards
ruggero  ;)

hansvonlieven

I appreciate your concerns ruggero but this is not as simple as it sounds. The rendering engine of WM2D is atrocious and only supports simple models. More complex models are rendered in such a fashion as to make it almost impossible to see what is going on.

Furthermore there is a restriction on file size. AVI files, even of simple models are large, in fact too large to be uploaded here. A WM2D file (the bare bones file that is) takes very little space since it only contains the start up conditions and a few formulae. The AVI files have to render every frame.

I wish I could see a good way of doing this but at the moment I can"t. Any useful suggestions are welcome.

Hans von Lieven
When all is said and done, more is said than done.     Groucho Marx