Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The notoriously thin skin of "new" inventors or the way to announce a new device

Started by exxcomm0n, May 05, 2009, 01:31:55 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

utilitarian

Quote from: exxcomm0n on May 11, 2009, 03:59:57 PM
@ utilitarian

In which way?

It's impossible to keep from saying "I've done it!" until you've done it multiple times and in a way that can be replicated independently?

Or impossible to disclose complete method because of patent application purposes?

Or impossible not to get offended by question and debate about the announced device?

Or perhaps another I've not mentioned here?

Which one would be impossible please?

The problem is not in your first step.  That just requires self control.  But that is not really relevant.

Look, what works, works.  No amount of skepticism or criticism or ridicule is going to keep a working device from working.  Even if the inventor is a complete jerk, self-confident to the Nth degree to the point where his own family cannot stand him, you cannot keep a good invention down.  All he has to do is demonstrate it and have it replicated.

There is no such thing as poor marketing of free energy.  It's like marketing pot or crack (not that I approve of using those!).  It simply does not need marketing.  People already stand ready to buy it.  No matter the reputation of the seller or how distasteful he or she is, free energy (like crack and pot) will find support and will sell, I guarantee it.

So why can't anyone meet Step 3 of your requirement.  Why is that impossible?  I do not know, but Step 3 sure seems to be a problem.

Pirate88179

Quote from: utilitarian on May 11, 2009, 10:35:17 PM
The problem is not in your first step.  That just requires self control.  But that is not really relevant.

Look, what works, works.  No amount of skepticism or criticism or ridicule is going to keep a working device from working.  Even if the inventor is a complete jerk, self-confident to the Nth degree to the point where his own family cannot stand him, you cannot keep a good invention down.  All he has to do is demonstrate it and have it replicated.

There is no such thing as poor marketing of free energy.  It's like marketing pot or crack (not that I approve of using those!).  It simply does not need marketing.  People already stand ready to buy it.  No matter the reputation of the seller or how distasteful he or she is, free energy (like crack and pot) will find support and will sell, I guarantee it.

So why can't anyone meet Step 3 of your requirement.  Why is that impossible?  I do not know, but Step 3 sure seems to be a problem.

@ Exxcomm and Utilitarian:

I actually agree with both of you.  Ex, that was a well thought out post.  Yes, those of us researching the FE stuff for a while now have seen this same scenario time and again.  Why?  That is indeed the question.

I also agree with Utilitarian in that, the inventor can control how he approaches his release of a new idea or device but, if it is indeed "real" there is a ready market for replicators, investors, buyers, etc.

The problem I have is the "cry wolf" syndrome.  Replicators, investors, researches, etc. will eventually grow tired of these pronouncements.  I am a bit concerned that when someone actually "has done it" that it will get received through a filter of "scam" "fake" "hoax" etc.

Maybe Stefan should post some simple rules for a "discovery" posted here.  but then, maybe he already has.  Look at the rules for the Overunity Prize.  If someone's device does not qualify for that, or mostly qualify, then, what good is it?  I am speaking more here to the replication requirements than the power output.  Mylow's motor is a good example.  Even if real and fully verified and replicated, it still, to my understanding, would not qualify for the OU prize.  But, as we all know and probably can agree, it was not presented properly, and still hasn't in my opinion even though the latest video of it running was pretty good.

I always go back to myself in these situations....what would I do if I "had done it".  I would announce it here, provide the best video I am capable of making (which may not be too good if you have seen any of my videos) AND, I would welcome replications and provide highly detailed part numbers, descriptions, whatever it would take so someone else can jump up and say "Pirate has done it".  And even better, 3 or 4 or 30 people say the same thing after replication.  Only then would I breathe a sigh of relief to know that I was not reading the meters wrong, or, I made a math error.

Anyway, these dialogs are good.  Just don't expect this to stop the next "I have finally done it" from happening.  Great posts.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

exxcomm0n

@ utilitarian

I think we're both saying the same thing.
If it does work the inventor can be King Jerk and get away with it, but it has to work for everyone else then too.

Too often an announced device cannot stand public scrutiny or replication and it does turn into the "cry wolf" situation that Pirate brings up and so might discourage public belief in something that does work, because of so many that haven't.

One the other hand I'm not as worried about the marketing as I am the building and dissemination of the actual device. It has to be built (and preferably mass producible) to be marketed and that is the part where it all seems to fall apart unfortunately.

Your assessment of step 3 seems to mirror my experience too.

@ Pirate

Your discovery procedure sounds like a good plan man, and thanks. ;)
When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

Paul-R

Quote from: exxcomm0n on May 05, 2009, 01:31:55 AM

Why is it that any new inventor announcement that comes under major scrutiny or publicity seems to encounter a situation where there is an affront to their intelligence, an outside influence (MIB), or "lights are too bright and hot", etc. that causes this person(s) to "take their toys and 'go home' ", usually to never be heard from....
They go to another forum.