Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

another strange story

Started by FluxAmps, May 13, 2009, 08:57:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

innovation_station

Quote from: hansvonlieven on June 03, 2009, 03:52:39 PM

Yep, just imagine, the whole fucking universe on a 1 terabyte hard drive. Now anyone who can afford a couple of hundred bucks for the drive can play God !!!!!

Not bad for someone only worth 750 MB.  ;)

Hans von Lieven

i think you fail to see the reality here ... lol

NO BODY WILL PLAY GOD!! 

FOR THE ONES THAT THINK THEY WILL GOT AN EYE POPPER COMEING !!  LOL  ;) :D

THE HU-MANS PLAYED GOD ALREADY AND THEY FAILED!

LOL

BTW HU-MAN MEANS TV MAN LOL  :D  YA KNOW THE KIND GLUED TO THE FOOLS BOX !!

NOW DO TELL ME THE CRYSTAL SKULLS... AND THERE USE

B4 I TELL YOU HOW THEY WERE MADE ...  WICH YOUR WORLD FAILS TO HOLD EVEN THE TECK IN THERE HANDS TO DUPLICATE THEM OR COMPREHEND THERE USE ...

13 OF EM RIGHT .... 

WHO LET THE DOGS OUT ??!?!??

IST!
To understand the action of the local condenser E in fig.2 let a single discharge be first considered. the discharge has 2 paths offered~~ one to the condenser E the other through the part L of the working circuit C. The part L  however  by virtue of its self induction  offers a strong opposition to such a sudden discharge  wile the condenser on the other hand offers no such opposition ......TESLA..

THE !STORE IS UP AND RUNNING ...  WE ARE TAKEING ORDERS ..  NOW ..   ISTEAM.CA   AND WE CAN AND WILL BUILD CUSTOM COILS ...  OF   LARGER  OUTPUT ...

CAN YOU SAY GOOD BYE TO YESTERDAY?!?!?!?!

TinselKoala

You can specify all the base pairs in my genome exactly, but you won't be able to specify, for just one example, the exact connection map of my brain using that data. You would need a lot more data about my environment and developmental history, and it's likely that the most economical encoding scheme for that information has already been developed--it's the brain itself. In this case any map would be even more complex than the territory.

Besides, the Sloot case is an old one, long explained: the small card held encryption KEYS in ROM, the movies and whatnot were stored in ordinary compressed formats for the times, on ordinary hardware. Sloot's algorithms allowed rapid UNLOCKING of compressed files. Not decrypting from incredibly compressed storage.

Yucca

Quote from: allcanadian on June 03, 2009, 01:00:27 PM
@Yucca
Quote:
"True enough TK, but there´s nothing isnside of us but a bunch of atoms and molecules either. A whole human can be described by 3.4billion base pairs, sounds alot but only equivalent to about 750MB, so you can get  about 6 people on 1 el-cheapo DVDR. Yet we assume we are more than just marionettes reacting to stimuli. We even think we can think!"

LOL, this is a commom misconception made by almost everyone. You make the mistake in assuming "we" are a static entity which could not be further from the truth. Like everything else "we" are in a continual state of change, "we" are dynamic. As such there is no storage media known that could ever record what we are to any degree because we are never the same as each second ticks by. You have also not fully considered what some refer to as the "me" and "I" scenario, consider what your friends and family think of "you". They may know your body or form, your habit's, like's and dislike's but do they know the intimate part of you that makes all your descisions?. Does your body make these descisions, LOL? If as you propose, that you could be recorded somehow then how can you account for the fact that you alway's have the option of "choice". A choice is the conscious effort of choosing one thing or another, but few have considered "what" makes this choice or "where" we percieve it as happening and that it has no set value until after the fact. There are two parts to "you", what you consider as "me" that everyone including yourself knows of (what you see in the mirror )and then there is the "I" part which only you can truely know. A thinking person who can seperate the "me" and "I" aspects of themselves may understand what they are, we are more than the sum of our parts, while the rest of the persons who only consider themselves as physical things are cursed to walk this earth in ignorance of pretty much everything around them.
Regards
AC

AC

Make no mistake I am not a reductionalist, I believe life is quite magical and special. I have an open mind and believe in many things others would consider "paranormal".

I was only stating that the machine (the computer) on which our software runs is just that, a machine, and that machine is described by the genome. TK stated that a computer is just silicon etc. And he was right, but it can be much more with software.

Of course what makes us interesting is our mind, our software, (without it we are just corpses).  Human software is exceedingly complex, and a result of lots of experiences as TK says. Whether the software can exist without the machine (in the psychic plane) I wouldn´t like to say either way with any certainty.

I guess you saw me as almost "blasphemous" by comparing a person to a machine. I made the mistake of saying "fitting people onto a DVD", I should of course said "fitting bodies onto a DVD".

A quick question, do you think that at the moment of conception, when the gametes first meet, do you think there is more to the new being than just its genome then?

Best, Yucca.

Yucca

Quote from: TinselKoala on June 03, 2009, 10:25:55 PM
You can specify all the base pairs in my genome exactly, but you won't be able to specify, for just one example, the exact connection map of my brain using that data. You would need a lot more data about my environment and developmental history, and it's likely that the most economical encoding scheme for that information has already been developed--it's the brain itself. In this case any map would be even more complex than the territory.

Besides, the Sloot case is an old one, long explained: the small card held encryption KEYS in ROM, the movies and whatnot were stored in ordinary compressed formats for the times, on ordinary hardware. Sloot's algorithms allowed rapid UNLOCKING of compressed files. Not decrypting from incredibly compressed storage.

See above post. I should´ve said "storing bodies" not "storing people". Of course a person is more than just their body.

Back on topic:
RE Sloot, I don´t know enough about it to pass judgement really. Was it a lie that he had interested investors from fairly tech savvy firms, the scheme you describe is very simple, why would they pay for such? But then maybe they were only willing to buy his stuff for a relatively small amount.

TinselKoala

Quote from: Yucca on June 04, 2009, 04:30:30 PM
See above post. I should´ve said "storing bodies" not "storing people". Of course a person is more than just their body.

Back on topic:
RE Sloot, I don´t know enough about it to pass judgement really. Was it a lie that he had interested investors from fairly tech savvy firms, the scheme you describe is very simple, why would they pay for such? But then maybe they were only willing to buy his stuff for a relatively small amount.

Nope, a person is "just" a body (including both substance and process). The genome specifies a "start point" if you will; from the instant of the first division of the fertilized egg onward, environmental variables (some random, some systematically varying, some constant) influence the product of the process started by information from the genome. The only way to duplicate -- or even encode -- the result is to duplicate the process. So the genome is not nearly enough, even to encode a "body" instead of a "person" as you say.

Consider the Star Trek transporter. It scans you down to the quantum level over a short time window and stores and transmits the information to a distant point where energies beyond our imagining reconstitute the matter, in exact duplication of the matter that was initially scanned, and due to the exactness of the information the Process (life, personality) is also reconstituted. The original, of course, back in the transporter room, is destroyed by the scanning process.
(You probably didn't realize that. They don't stress it at the General Products Corporation Transporter Division; it's bad for business. Fortunately their systems have very high reliability.)
Now, clearly there must be petabytes of information to be transmitted in such a process, and even a GP broadband subspace tranceiver would take a few femtoseconds to make the transfer, hence the need for fast and deep compression/decompression.

Would you take the trip, if the compression algorithm was the one Sloot used?

Or, would you take the trip at all? The first time is the scariest and most interesting from a philosophical point of view--especially if one is a materialist, as opposed to a dualist.