Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Easy to build wind generators

Started by velacr, February 18, 2006, 11:44:21 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Paul-R

Quote from: vonwolf on December 28, 2008, 11:26:32 PM
  Is there a way to back feed a generator in to your Circuit panel so you can sell power back to the power company? that would save me a lot on my power bill.
Yes. Many electricity supply companies have a "Feed in tariff", this being what they buy your electricity off you for:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feed-in_Tariff
Paul.

PaulLowrance

Quote from: badaddidude on March 11, 2006, 07:14:26 AM
After reading this post it came to mind that perhaps nobody had heard of a different type of windmill that is extremely efficient, inexpensive, simple to build, and easily set up by one person. ?
It is called "The Green Windmill" and can be viewed at

http://www.greenwindmill.com

I highly recommend visiting this page to those interested in windmills and generating their own power.
I'm wondering what kind of wind speeds one could expect from it.

PL

AbbaRue

Wind Belt. Less then $5 a piece.
The cheapest and easiest to build wind generator.
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=5641.0
Thought I would place a link here.
Build many of these and then connect them together.

Thaelin

That is an interesting design but what will happen to it in a good stout
wind? Affraid it may not survive. I have seen many wind towers go down
with a fair squall hitting them. Just ask Tbird. He will give you first hand
account of it.

thaelin

PhiScience

Quote from: PaulLowrance on December 30, 2008, 11:36:22 AM
I'm wondering what kind of wind speeds one could expect from it.

PL

Paul,
On the website he states “It has been shown to withstand wind speeds in excess of 70 MPH without damage. Load sensitive sail cables that break under predetermined loads can protect sails, pumps and equipment in extreme conditions.”

I have been wanting to build a windmill similar to that one but adding some technology from the cup sailboat racing sail design.
The function of science is to make observations and measurements and to find correlations between the observed facts.