Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to spot MIB disinfo agents in forums

Started by the badger, May 26, 2009, 12:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the badger

If you are trying to share information in the forums and someone keeps posting that what you are doing will never work, or just fill the post with a lot of negativity, just do a search on all he has posted. If you find that he has been 90% negative in everything he has posted and doesn't contribute anything of value you are probably wasting your time trying to argue with them in posts. You are dealing with someone who is probably paid with your own tax dollars to discourage you. Its better to just expose them. We will see how many of them argue in this post and show themselves. ;D

lostcauses10x

Tell me were I can get payed for such. I need the income.

Quote from: the badger on May 26, 2009, 12:22:27 PM
If you are trying to share information in the forums and someone keeps posting that what you are doing will never work, or just fill the post with a lot of negativity, just do a search on all he has posted. If you find that he has been 90% negative in everything he has posted and doesn't contribute anything of value you are probably wasting your time trying to argue with them in posts. You are dealing with someone who is probably paid with your own tax dollars to discourage you. Its better to just expose them. We will see how many of them argue in this post and show themselves. ;D

newbie123

LOL.   This is funny..     Darn them MIB disinfo agents!!

Why would the US government need to pay someone too spread disinfo, when you guys DO IT FOR FREE EVERY DAY!!!!!

rofl..  You are your own worst enemy!!!

Until you can measure it, arguing about something can be many things.. But science is not one of them.

nyctuber

You're confusing MIB's with people who have already seen an experiment and know why it will not work.

You can spot someone who is emotionally involved with something which they have no real knowledge of. They start threads like this.

Please tell me why you think Rick's experiment can possibly work. Otherwise, don't waste space with silly threads.

jibbguy

Back when i was mainly in the political blog genre, i was "recruited" for this (or specifically, they tried to). I went along with it long enough to find out what the deal was. It required doing a writing test that shows the person's "persuasive writing" ability. At least with the people who offered me work, it went like this:

A "Contractor" who is a third party "cutout", hires people to shill. The individual "free-lance" shills are usually not told who the actual "Client" is (although they can often guess because of the message). The shills are given their next "projects" (sometimes as a team), given info on how to mask their MAC numbers and change I.P.'s, and sent a URL for a forum to go to, and of course the specific "message" they are supposed to disseminate and push there. Sometimes forum names of people there are also given to "support" or '"attack"; and they are often provided background info needed for them to sound "up to speed" on the subjects discussed (lol one way to detect them is they will often use "buzz words" indiscriminately and inappropriately as a means of trying to establish "cover").

Sometimes, existing forum accounts are used by giving the new person a pre-existing account name and password. This gets tricky, as people can often exhibit a strange and innate subconscious ability to detect differences in writing style (whether this is "ESP" or simply "intuition" is hard to say, but it does exist). Those that do this, usually keep their posts as short as possible... The less said the better. 

The targets are not always open forums, but often news sites (like newspapers' online sites, or news orgs' online sites like "CNN"), that have popular "Comment" areas under the day's articles.

The intent is not always direct, but sometimes more subtle, in that the threads are often attempted to be "shaped" and "guided" by a team working together in certain directions first for a while as a "set-up" for some specific reason that later comes out. Not only that, but there is frequent use of something called

"REVERSE BIAS"

which means that the shill will often start out new on the site, posting in favor of the thing they are actually against. This can work two ways: "One", as setting a "provenance" and "bona fides" for the shill, and "Two" as a means of subtly dis'ing a subject by pretending to be for it. Often in the first case, the person will later "change sides"... LOL as a means of saying: "Gee, i was convinced by the wonderful arguments on the other side that i was completely wrong before! Thanks for saving me from my own stupidity!" ;)

And YES, i did tell them to got to hell ;)

Lawyers who are out of work or currently "under-employed", are often tapped for this work... Either as free lancers or contracted through their Firm. Lol i guess the idea is that they are better than average at Debate (since this is actually taught in Law School).... But the truth is, very few of these people no mater where they come from, are any good at all ;)  When it comes down to it,  they usually "suck" and their main strategy is to often use ad hominem personal attacks and threat of derision. In fact this is a main indicator to watch for... Not that many adults will stoop to these tactics unless first provoked. But some will who are not shills lol, so it is only ONE indicator and not "proof".

Shills can be effective on less intelligent people who are confused by more arcane arguments, by re-defining the argument into a more simple context, then once that is done they use straw-man arguments "proving" the new, simpler thrust that meets their goals... Basically it is a "bait and switch" game; and classic misdirection... Tarring all the subject by defining only one part of it.... Lol, sound familiar? ;)

"Shilling" is not a new profession (lol if it can actually be called a profession, like "egg sucking" could ;) ), but it has changed and grown greatly since the rise of the Internet.

I have read that the U.S. military uses actual military personnel to shill directly for them as well in at least some cases. But it would be hard to prove that one i imagine ;)

But i've said this before, and will again prolly, lol:

The majority of people suspected of being "shills" or "dis-info artists" on these sites (which are the same thing imo), are probably not really. They are simply people who disagree with us ;) So caution is suggested, and it is rarely wise to directly confront them (unless some good proofs exist first.. Which ARE possible to obtain).

Having said that, they certainly do exist and there are probably some reading this thread right now;)  The fun part of it is, they are just "people", and are nothing to fear as they are just jerks without any personal honor sitting at their computers... And they certainly can be manipulated, the same way they try to do with others :)