Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to spot MIB disinfo agents in forums

Started by the badger, May 26, 2009, 12:22:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the badger

Welcome chrisC to the MIB disinfo list. I clicked on your name and read your previous posts back about 20 pages and all I could find is pure negativity. Not one single post has shown any positive feedback or any actual experimenting on your own. Your cover is officially blown.  ;D

silverfish

Quote from: newbie123 on May 29, 2009, 06:40:09 PM
I'm asking a legitimate question...         I can show you lots  of posts with misinformation, and prove that it is really misinformation/disinformation.

The truth is sometimes boring...  Maybe this is why some here  like to speculate about pseudoscience so often... But spreading pseudoscience  as the truth is just wrong.

Really?  Can you give me a real example of disinformation playing an important role in science?

You might say the Bohr model of the hydrogen atom   v.s.  the Schrodinger model  ..    But there were lots of things accurate in the Bohr model.

The question is who gets to define what is science, and what is 'pseudoscience'? Who sets the terms? One man's meat is another man's poison, as they say. With Climategate and the environmental movement, we see clear evidence of a departure from sound scientific principles, and a movement towards something that looks more like religion. You have the 'priests', the 'believers', and the 'heretics'.
        It may sound perverse to suggest this, but I think we should actually be grateful for disinformation. It makes you question, think for yourself, do your own research, and decide for yourself what is true. If someone like a paid disinformant is so intent on obfuscating the truth and setting people against each other, that means the truth is a valuable asset that someone will go to great lengths to control - and it means that we should redouble our efforts to find out what it is.

Mk1

Misinformation - is bad info given without knowing any better.

Disinformation - Is a truth sandwich (truth-lie-truth)

not_a_mib

So all I have to do to get accused of being a MIB is:

1.  Deny being a MIB. (done in account name)
2.  Quote some scripture from the One True Faith.
http://www.subgenius.com/bigfist/classic/classics/Prescriptures.html
3.  Post a crackpot theory with no experimental evidence to support it.
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=2485.0

(pulls out neuralizer, sets knobs)
Now look at this little red light.  There's no such thing as space aliens, men in black, free energy, and antigravity.  Y'all buy lotsa Texas natural gas, you hear!
(presses button, light flashes, this entire thread vanishes from the forum and its members' memories, and natural gas prices spike the next day)

Rosemary Ainslie

Quote from: TechStuf on May 28, 2009, 05:26:21 PM
Devoting weeks to the mylowvian debacle proves that most would rather furiously flit about the harsh flame of the feeble human intellect, than climb out of their collective pool of mental magma, onto a fire proof catamaran of genuine camaraderie and on to the shores of higher reason.
Golly TechStuf.  That's some complex imagery there.  Blown away quite frankly.

OU dot com has been a case study in how to prolong a truly dystopian, dysfunctional social status quo.
Not sure that this is fair comment.

A good clothes pin (for the nose), some industrial strength lip balm, and a quality pair of rose colored glasses, can go a long way in one's concentric quest to keep kissing the asses of the misaligned masses.
And more of the same.  Definitely a poet - but no romance.  More's the pity

My own take is that we're all confronting a 'final frontier' here and considering the ugly mess that has resulted from our energy uses - and our strident and pressing needs for more and more - then any attention given to this 'frontier' is time well spent. Quite apart from which the subject is just so interesting.  No wonder everyone obsesses.

Belief has no part of science and, energy is all about science.  At the moment I think these forums' growing interest and readership is based on a new challenge.  Unless mainstream science confront the 'claims' to free energy - then they are actually losing their authority.  If they continue to block their ears and close their eyes then they're as much 'non-believers' as they claim we are 'believers'.  And neither attitude has anything whatsoever to do with science based on experimental evidence.  Belief just does not factor in. Anywhere.

Regarding the MIB's which is the topic here - I'm entirely satisfied that they are around - well financed - and, thank God, becoming less and less effective.  But it's a sad truth that their job is very often accomplished by 'believers' in Free Energy.  These believers are very often embarrassingly uncritical of their own or anyone's work.