Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PaulLowrance

Quote from: poynt99 on November 06, 2009, 03:49:22 PM
But, both have a common problem, and that is the shunt inductance. The filtered high-side shunt effectively eliminates this problem, and is one reason it was chosen.

If your shunt resistor has that much inductance, then I agree with that! Geez my man, grab a carbon resistor and get this over with. If you don't have it, then parallel higher values.  :)

Paul

PaulLowrance

Quote from: poynt99 on November 06, 2009, 04:35:35 PM
I'm going to state the bottom line here as things seem to be shaping up now that I've taken a few measurements with my new LCR meter.

Calculating current from a voltage probe measurement across a shunt is futile. The 4" probe ground lead itself has 0.15uH of inductance, and combined with the 0.12uH inductance of the shunt resistor, this is more than enough to skew the real current measurement in the circuit as I have shown in the simulations.

Why not use a carbon resistor that has no appreciable inductance???

Quote from: poynt99 on November 06, 2009, 04:35:35 PMI might add that my "cheap" inductance meter isn't worth much at all for low inductance measurements. The load resistor I've been using all along was measured to be about 29uH, whereas now with the new Kelvin meter, the inductance is actually 10.9uH.

You're not talking about an air inductor are  you? Both meters probably apply different levels of pp voltage. Permeability of all materials is non-linear with respect to the applied field. Exp., near saturation the permeability is low. Place a magnet near the inductor and the inductance changes, unless you're talking about an air inductor.

Regards,
Paul

poynt99

Quote from: PaulLowrance on November 06, 2009, 04:54:38 PM
They're complaining that the 10000 uF caps might be shorting out current spikes, and they have good reason to believe so. A good testing method minimizes the influence on the DUT, and those caps fail at that. No offense, but placing 2 10000 uF caps is just not that professional. :( That's why from the start I recommended using an op-amp with low pass filter.

My 2 cents. Sorry if I'm getting a bit frustrated because this is a one day test job at most. More like 1 hour.  :)

Paul

Paul, I disagree.

You can see in the test plan that I am using a lab power supply. As such, adding more filtering to its output is no more detrimental to the DUT than the supply's own internal filter caps which are doing much the same thing. The filtered shunt is essentially just additional output filtering.

Any energy that finds its way back to the supply will do so whether the supply is a battery or a heavily-filtered lab supply, and I have clearly shown this is possible and does occur in the PSpice simulations. In fact one simulation test I ran not too long ago and posted here showed that the pulse from the inductive collapsing field returned about 6% of the supplied energy back to the source (an ideal source with Zo=0), while at the same time contributing 6% of the total energy dissipated in the load resistor.

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

poynt99

Quote from: PaulLowrance on November 06, 2009, 05:05:53 PM
Why not use a carbon resistor that has no appreciable inductance???

You're not talking about an air inductor are  you? Both meters probably apply different levels of pp voltage. Permeability of all materials is non-linear with respect to the applied field. Exp., near saturation the permeability is low. Place a magnet near the inductor and the inductance changes, unless you're talking about an air inductor.

Regards,
Paul

Paul, the problem is more than just the shunt resistor inductance. There is inductance in the probe ground lead, and it can be quite appreciable, such as 0.15uH for a 4" lead. Double that for an 8" lead, which some folks may be using in their testing.

In my PSpice simulations, as little as 0.3uH of inductance will significantly skew the voltage and hence current measurement, as the reactance becomes quite appreciable (with 50ns rise times) relative to the DC shunt resistance.

Regarding the load resistor, yes it is a ceramic air-core as shown in the test plan and photos previously posted here.

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

PaulLowrance

Quote from: poynt99 on November 06, 2009, 07:26:17 PM
Paul, I disagree.

You can see in the test plan that I am using a lab power supply. As such, adding more filtering to its output is no more detrimental to the DUT than the supply's own internal filter caps which are doing much the same thing. The filtered shunt is essentially just additional output filtering.

Well there's your problem my friend. You're not using a battery.  ;)   I recall Bedini saying in one of his circuits that the secret is in the battery.

Quote from: poynt99 on November 06, 2009, 07:26:17 PMAny energy that finds its way back to the supply will do so whether the supply is a battery or a heavily-filtered lab supply, and I have clearly shown this is possible and does occur in the PSpice simulations. In fact one simulation test I ran not too long ago and posted here showed that the pulse from the inductive collapsing field returned about 6% of the supplied energy back to the source (an ideal source with Zo=0), while at the same time contributing 6% of the total energy dissipated in the load resistor.

The problem is that fundamental spice does not simulate true transmission line propagation. It takes a lot of work / tinkering (lot of custom modeling) to get some true transmission line effects in spice. What you see in spice is assumed to be instantaneous transmission, but that is not the real world. In the real world there are propagation delays, line reflectivity due to impedance mismatching, phase, etc. mostly at higher frequencies of course. Conventional science knows of a lot of noticeable effects occurring in normal circuits that contain for example non-air inductors, if you have the proper equipment to measure such effects. For example significant noise produced by Barkhausen effect, which is significant at 400MHz on up into the GHz region. There are programs that model transmission line propagation, such as antenna modeling software; e.g., 4nec2 . I'm not defending the Ainslie circuit, but if we're going to be open minded, then we should at least give Ainslie the benefit of the doubt, and test her circuit. If she says we should use a battery, or do not use those large capacitors, then that's what the tester does, no?

So, if there are high frequency energetic pulses traversing the wires, the 10000 uF caps could easily absorb such energy. You will not find that effect in spice unless you specifically know about the effect and model it, but good luck with that.  ;)

Paul