Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Claimed OU circuit of Rosemary Ainslie

Started by TinselKoala, June 16, 2009, 09:52:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: poynt99 on November 14, 2009, 03:29:42 PM
The post was to comment on the inductance in the ground leads of a single-ended scope probe. I also tested a few other ground leads and they came out to read in the same range as what I posted. It's safe to say then, that these are typical values for a scope ground lead.
what you meant to say of course was, it's safe to say then, using my meter, that these are typical values for a scope ground lead.
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

poynt99

From United States patent:

Low inductance ground lead
United States Patent 4838802

QuoteA common problem in the measurement of high frequency signals is that the self-inductance of the ground connection to the signal probe combines with the input capacitance of the signal probe to form a series resonant circuit that not only reduces the amplitude of the input signal with increasing frequency, but produces ringing. This increasingly degrades the accuracy of the measurement system with increasing signal frequency. Typically, the ground connection to a signal probe comprises a ground lead made of braided wire, and a ground probe to which the ground lead is connected, both of which have relatively high self-inductances.

The capacitance of typical signal probes in use for high frequency measurements is on the order of 10-15 picofarads. The self-inductance of the signal probe from the signal source to the point of contact with the ground lead, the inductance of the ground lead, and the self-inductance of the ground probe (which is the means of completing the circuit to ground) from the point of contact with the ground lead to ground all contribute to the inductance of the signal path. However, the inductance of the ground lead is the primary contributor to the total inductance in the signal path.

The inductance of conventional ground leads is on the order of 200-300 nanohenries.

300nH = 0.3uH

I'd say my meter is providing an accurate inductance measurement.

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

poynt99

The inductive reactance of a 0.35uH inductor (a typical 6" ground lead) at 7MHz is over 15 Ohms.

question everything, double check the facts, THEN decide your path...

Simple Cheap Low Power Oscillators V2.0
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=248
Towards Realizing the TPU V1.4: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=217
Capacitor Energy Transfer Experiments V1.0: http://www.overunity.com/index.php?action=downloads;sa=view;down=209

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: poynt99 on November 14, 2009, 03:54:27 PM
From United States patent:

Low inductance ground lead
United States Patent 4838802

300nH = 0.3uH

I'd say my meter is providing an accurate inductance measurement.

i didn't say it wasn't. ::) i just wanted to point out how you leave out little subtleties in what you should be saying vrs. what you say. like your argument about your simulations...

i thought you were ignoring me? but i like your circular argument... ;) can you post us a picture/video of your fancy meter actually making said measurements?
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

fuzzytomcat

Quote from: poynt99 on November 14, 2009, 01:22:07 PM
The oscilloscope shots appear unchanged for the most part. An indication that Fuzzy's previous shunt resistor inductance itself may not have been contributing substantially to the skewed current/voltage phasing.

However, since a single-ended probe (assumed) is still being used, there is the ground lead still at issue, and I am somewhat curious where the ground lead is being connected; to the negative side of the shunt (assumed), or some AC ground point?

The probe location for the battery voltage should be indicated.  Where is the ground lead for this probe located?

A photo of the test setup would be appreciated, showing where the battery is and where the scope probes and their associated ground leads are located.

Any temperature readings, CONTROL tests etc? Or was this test simply to compare the shunt resistors?

Here are the photos you wanted and all I have time for at this point, Harvey is working on a illustration of the set up with all the wire sizes and lengths and possibly will appear when he has finalized it in this forum. This is getting a little old when you are always "COMPAIRING" my publicly posted complete results with your mystery results and setup mostly only "SPICE" simulations and the obvious problems you must have using a dual channel power supply and not battery's or ground loops or a combination of both.

The last testing was the results of TEST #8 ( old shunt resistor) and TEST #9 ( new shunt resistor) and the comparison between images and data the different "SHUNT" resistors may induce in the circuit as indicated in the postings.

Temperature readings during this"SHORT" test .....

Ambient Temperature - 77.6 F
Load Resistor Temperature - 134 F
Shunt Temperature - 110 F
Mosfet Temperature - 164 F
555 Temperature - 123 F

Fuzzy
:)