Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Communicating with each other by phone over the Internet

Started by Goat, June 24, 2009, 01:53:34 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goat

@ All

I purchased a device last September and bought a few for friends and relatives to try, so far the tests have been mostly positive and a smaller percentage negative (Depending on High Speed Internet and ISP connection QA). 

The device is called MagicJack at www.magicjack.com.

I first checked this type of thing back in 2,000 AD but the Telcos quickly put an end to those devices or programs but now it's LEGAL!!!

Basically it's a small USB device that plugs into your computer and lets you make toll free calls from your PC to Land Line Phones. 

Anyways, if you use one of these devices anywhere in the world to call someone who has another one of these device the phone call is FREE!!!

No, I'm not affiliated with this company and in no way will make any money should you decide to purchase it and save money, I'm just trying to make you all aware that there is such a device that let's you do this, it might be of use for people here at OU.com to communicate with each other for free!

The term free above is for the phone calls after you purchase the device for $20 US and then pay $20 per year for the service.  So far I've saved $100's of long distance charges by using this device and would definitely recommend it to anyone who likes to be able to chat for nearly free, if you need to chat with people on this or other forums in order to get ahead with your projects then do yourself a favor and quit paying long distance charges, I have :)

Regards,
Paul

utilitarian

Quote from: Goat on June 24, 2009, 01:53:34 AM

I first checked this type of thing back in 2,000 AD but the Telcos quickly put an end to those devices or programs but now it's LEGAL!!!

As opposed to 2000 BC?

Anyway, the Telcos never "put end end" to this, and this type of thing has been available for many years and is not news.  Never heard of Skype?

newbie123

Broadvoice is another VOiP provider (much better than Vonage) ..  You just plug their device into a switch, then plug in your standard telephone or cross it over to your wall jack..  $11/month unlimited calling, with pretty good service on a 500kbs DSL connection.
Until you can measure it, arguing about something can be many things.. But science is not one of them.

Goat

Quote from: utilitarian on June 24, 2009, 09:39:30 AM
As opposed to 2000 BC?

Anyway, the Telcos never "put end end" to this, and this type of thing has been available for many years and is not news.  Never heard of Skype?

@ utilitarian

When I first heard of a program that could let me make calls from my PC to land lines was in 2,000 AD as opposed to BC....LOL...kind of thought somebody would get a kick out that...LOL

And yes Ma Bell here in Canada put a quick complaint to the CRTC (Communications Regulatory board) and within weeks I wasn't able to make calls for free anymore, this may not have been the case in the US but here big monopolies rule and our government quickly rolls over every time they bark...whimps...lol

As far as Skype, been there done that years ago and it sucked, point blank!  You couldn't just use  a regular phone to call out, you couldn't call PC to land lines without all kinds of extra costs like skype out and special phone etc... I also checked out Vonage and it wasn't any better, sure you could buy a router to let you connect but then when you looked further into it you could only call others that had a Vonage connection....maybe that's changed now but what's the monthly/yearly  cost?  I know my sister got Vonage and when her term is done she's ditching it for this one.

This one is really simple, $20/year no long distance charges between Canada and US using an ordinary phone, no surprise charges for long distance, you never get a monthly bill period.

The whole idea of posting this was for people who may not have heard of it and would like to save money so if it doesn't suit you then that's fine, just ignore it  :) 

Regards,
Paul

turbo

Yes this has been around for some years.  :)

If you do not own the usb plug in device you can use Voipbuster and your computer to make the free calls.(landlines)

http://www.voipbuster.com/

M.