Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Selfrunning waterhose water perpetual motion experiment by Tony Hughes

Started by hartiberlin, July 23, 2009, 05:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloxxki

Interesting anecdote, thank you for sharing.

Could the surface tension of water be at work here? I imagine at low water heights, in the cms or mms, such a factor could become quite significant.
Hard to find an OU application of such sensitive surface properties this minute.

mindsweeper

Quote from: hartiberlin on July 24, 2009, 12:37:29 AM
It seems, the key is the right side 10 foot long hose.
If the weight of  the water in it is bigger than the
atmospheric pressure, then it is able to suck up the water 2 foot on the
left side and we have a perpetual "water mill"

Anybody with a long garden hose in his garden can please verify this ?

Many thanks.

The weight of the water has nothing to do with sucking power as liquids act very differently to solids.

The pipe can be a mile long but as soon as the end rises above the source pool the flow will stop.

broli

Stefan I'm pretty sure he's describing it the other way around and his diagram shows this. That is the water is going up in the straight part and down on the long part.

There's an extremely similar and recent thread about this found here;

http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=7788.0

But his experiment should be more controlled. Like he said he didn't let the water back in the bucket as it was to small. I assume someone measured the water level for him continuously as he was measuring the height from the ground 10 feet away and compare it. Some poeple here immediately will find 1000 errors in this experiment.

I have a small long hose and will try the same but scaled down. This is one of those things were talk is useless. A 4 year old child can do this.

broli

I just tried with about a 1m long and 4mm in diameter tube and I don't get his result. The water stops a centimeter before I hit the water level.

Xaero_Vincent

I played with water siphons recently in the hopes that it could spin a plastic water wheel. They just don't work because one end of the hose has to be lower than the other this means water has to defy gravity to return to the original tank above (not going to happen). This sort of perpetual motion is one I cannot dispute to work.