Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Selfrunning waterhose water perpetual motion experiment by Tony Hughes

Started by hartiberlin, July 23, 2009, 05:37:08 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Cloxxki

I was going to put serious time into plotting a full SIN vs angle sheet, to find a possible sweet spot.

But before I do this (with unlikely chance of success)...might capillary action or heat explain this expleriment? Either would be plenty of reason for further research.
A level is not the best way to calculate height over the inlet surface. Don't forget it's about the surface, not the inlet height. A still pool would offer space for the straight hose, and visualize the water falling from the hose back onto the surface. I hope it's not water replace by air that's dripping out

(not meaning to hi-jack, I can make a seperate thread if so wished)
This made me thinking. Liquid laws are based on homogenous fluid. What if we'd take advantage of the expansion of fluid here? Let's say we let water in from a warm pool, and have some form of heat converter cool it to 4° right after the top, which I believe is where it has the greatest density. After the SIN "leverage" reduction of the longer and flatter outlet hose, there could be a gain.

If a slurry of water and ice was sucked up from the surface, and after the highest point allowed to heat to exactly 4°C, which it would remain all through the outlet hose (be it angled shallowly or steeply), and advantage in "leverage" migh be obtained. Ice has a density of 916.7 g/cm³ at 0 °C whereas water at 4°C has a density of 999.9720g/cm³. The fine water/ice mix, I suppose would be in between those, still significatly lower than water alone. Water at freezing point is 999.8395 g/cm³. No idea which mix would still flow upwards. Less water is better, I suppose in terms of density.
A reservoir at top level could allow the slurry to reach homogenous 4°C, and start the journey down the outlet.
My idea will never be looped, but might be a density/gravity way of extracting energy from ice slurry warming up from ambient heat, while also pumping it up. Please debunk this so I can sleep tonigt :-)

ResinRat2

Hi Stefan,

I wonder if this might have anything to do with the theoretical dip in the earth's horizon:

http://mintaka.sdsu.edu/GF/explain/atmos_refr/dip.html

I don't know if this makes sense at only 10 feet in hose length, but could there be just enough of a horizon dip to give the 2 inch difference due to the curvature of the earth? It would mean that the water exiting the hose was actually lower than the entry point even though it was above the water surface. The water's surface would follow the earth's curvature.

I think if you look at the diagram in the link and think about it you would see what I mean?
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

ResinRat2

I found a reference that said that the earth's curvature is about a 10 ft. drop for every 30 miles length. Which is about one foot for every 3 miles.

This means that in order to get a 1 inch drop a hose on the earth's surface would need a hose that is a quarter of a mile in length. So the curvature of the earth does not fully explain this.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

Cloxxki

@Resinrat2
Do you mean that, presuming a dead straight 10ft hose at that incline would have the top part being at a smaller angle with the earth gravity pull than the other end? Naturally, there's no 2" in there.
Taking this a step further though, I see that if there are two balls on the earth's surface, let's say each on opposite shores of a large lake or sea, and a dead-stright tube between them would magically appear around them, these ball would start rolling towards each other. Not attracted primarily by one another, but due to he dead straight tube dipping below the earth's surface.

I would be interested to learn if this experiment has the same results when repeated in all directions, especially dead South, West, North and East.

ResinRat2

I remember reading (a few decades ago) about a craftsman designing a straight-edged fountain that was of considerable length and he wanted the water to flow evenly off all sides. After designing it perfectly level on all edges he was irritated to find that it flowed only off the middle. He had to lower the sides at each end to get it to flow correctly. This was due to the curvature of the earth.