Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnetic Resonance Devices based on Don Smith Concepts

Started by xenomorphlabs, July 25, 2009, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

stprue

Yucca

Peter,

Just watched your vid, QUALITY squared! Industrial grade GUI, 2nd menu level to select inc size is very nice, you must have got a buzz from producing it! I especially like your fast scrolling characters in menu transitions.

Like me you must find a certain elegance to a jogwheel controller with integrated push switch, with one human interface point the system is fully controlled, 3bit poetry.

I got 10 mechanical jogwheels with switch from china for peanuts, they're good but after a few hours of operation they start to get very noisy, I've written debouncing and smoothing algorithms into my code to compensate but the noise becomes too much after a while and I have to strip them down, clean with isopropyl and reassemble. I'd love to get some optical encoders but I can't find a decent (cheap) source.

Yucca

P.S.
I'm ispired to make a vid demoing my square gen, maybe I will.

Peterae

Hi Yucca

Thanks for the comments, i do get a buzz thats probably why i enjoy machine language so much, anyone else would call me a glutton for punishment  ;D

My debounce is hardware but do checks in software also, i have used the controller for many hours now and not had any problems so far, but the switches i used came from Digi-key are about £4.00.

When you solder the chip pins more than 1 at a time it may be beneficial to keep the soldering iron temp down as much as possible to avoid damage though.

I am not ready to build a DDS system at the moment because of time restrictions, but may go down that road after Christmas when i get some more time, and have let Bruce travel his path a bit more.

Peter
PS Videos are great, i would definatley recommend anyone that is experimenting to video the experiments, it's a lot easier than paper documentation, and if you do find a strange effect and need to replicate it at a later time you can see exactly the conditions at which it occurred.

Peterae

Quote from: Yucca on September 17, 2009, 06:22:44 PM
Nice tip Peter, Thanks! so you can allow solder to flood across pins and then use resined wick to clear the spaces. I wouldn't have thought of that but it makes perfect sense.

Keeping them seperate was a challenge to me, I used 12AWG copper (end filed to bevel) wrapped around my iron tip and I had to have a nip or two of whisky to remove all micro tremors lol. I think I'll try the wick method next time.

Yucca.

LOL Yucca, just holding the chip in place and aligned can be challenging, i wish i had some of that glue they use in smd component placement.
In my case i needed the whiskey after wards, as it sounds easy to use the solder wick but you can suck too much up sometimes and end up with a dry joint that is not easy to see.

stprue

My question when it comes to Bruces TPU is that he seems to be in contact with SM he mentions that his pic's are SM approved!  Is he really in contact with SM? How? Why? Why now?