Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Magnetic Resonance Devices based on Don Smith Concepts

Started by xenomorphlabs, July 25, 2009, 08:00:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peterae

An addition to the above post, i will also say that i think the Neon psu he used also had a dimmer built in and no doubt this would have worked well, but then why add another on the 120VAC inverter output.

Peter

forest

NST must work like Tesla coil with center tap secondary. Dimmer is probably because his capacitors looks like joined in parallel which means they are 4000VDC not 9kV

Peterae

The 2 capacitors are in parallel to give the required 200nF, but the spark gap is in series with the cap, i would imagine the dimmer is there to alter the firing rate of the spark gap.

We have quiet a lot going on in this build, we have the tuned primary frequency, the untuned secondary frequency, we have the importance of the wire lengths for primary to secondary 1/4 relationship, and we also have the speed at which the gap fires the energy into the resonant system, each one seems to be set for a specific reason which hopefully we can work out at some point.

Peter

turbo

Quote from: Peterae on November 27, 2009, 05:36:42 PM
Hi Minde

Thanks for your input.
Yes i agree i am going to rebuild my primary tommorow to get it as big a diameter as i can so it still fits inside the secondary.

Don did tune his secondary coil precisely by testing for nodes with a neon which i will also try once i feel i have got as close to his coil setup as possible, again you are probably right that it is not so important i get an exact match to his coils but for replication purposes i might as well try as best i can.

We will see how i go tommorow.

Yes the quarter wire length for primary seems to be the important bit not quarter wavelength.

Peter

Hi Peter  :)

I heard from a friend you were about ready to fire it up.
Don does mention in the video the secondary needs to be a division or multiple of the primary.
This is also seen in Tesla's work and i had the same question as you,does he mean wavelength or wire length.
Although Tesla also used alot of mass matching in his coils too.

Hope you get it to work soon :)

Marco.

PS. Did you find that chart for finding the frequency correcting resistance?

Peterae

Hi marco
I have ordered the book Don references to with the charts but it has not arrived yet.

I am slowly getting to the point where i can progress, my main concern so far has been getting my coils to the right dimensions.

I have just powered up using a sig gen and a 200nF cap across my primary, i wanted to see what i would get on an untuned secondary coil.

I have attached 2 FFT shots

I am not yet ready to power this with an NST as it hasn't arrived yet but soon.

Peter