Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Cash for Clunkers website: cars.gov is an incredible invasion of your privacy.

Started by ResinRat2, August 01, 2009, 11:12:40 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ResinRat2

Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

1quasar1

I tried to access the site without success. Maybe they realized they've been exposed and now they need to modify their site so as to hide the intial disclaimer. Thoughts anyone? I wonder if you participate at a dealership, if your forced to sign in at this site from your e-mail address? Be sure to bring your lap top.
Ciao

newbie123

Quote from: ResinRat2 on August 01, 2009, 11:12:40 PM
Total access to your computer files and information. Unbelievable!

STAY OFF cars.gov!!!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bWs12ccbOiE&feature=haxa_popt00us09

That disclaimer might be frightening, but that's all it is ...  It doesn't guarantee they are accessing your personal information, etc...   If true,  the CARS.gov site would have to be  capable of  "hacking" into your computer to access personal information, etc...    This would be a serious security flaw in any web browser.   If it was happening security gurus would be all over it, and it would be all over the web.

They're just fear mongering in that video.  "everything in your computer is theirs"   This is just inaccurate/misleading.

I don't buy it.

Until you can measure it, arguing about something can be many things.. But science is not one of them.

ResinRat2

You're just not concerned because you are an Obama supporter. It this had happened during the Bush years you would have been concerned. Were you concerned about the Patriot Act? I would hope so, just as many US citizens were.

Quoting the website: "This application provides access to the DoT CARS System. When logged onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer system and is the property of the U.S. Government.

Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign."

This is the same as simply voluntarily suspending our Fourth Amendment rights and the Government will no longer ever need a warrent to go through all you personal computer files. Even going so far as to copy or audit them. Just because you don't think they will is no reason to blow this off as nothing. You are just trying to delude yourself into thinking there is no cause for concern here. Obviously you also don't like Fox News or Glenn Beck. That's fine. All they are doing is quoting directly from the website. If that's fear mongering to you then you might as well not even bother worrying. Just go put your head in the sand and sing a song to yourself.

This is comparatively the same as voluntarily giving up your rights to unauthorized search and seizure. Meaning your house could be entered at anytime and searched without a warrent. I wonder if that would concern you at all either? Oh that's right, the Obama Administration would NEVER do that, eh? Just because they could doesn't mean that they will, right?

To the rest of those who are concerned, this just shows that your Champion Obamaman has no more respect for your privacy or rights than Bushman did.

Just for the record, I never defended Bush either. His goals were the same as Obama's and the rest of the New World Order crowd: Total control over every aspect of your life and mine.
Research is the only place in a company where you can continually have failures and still keep your job.

I knew immediately that was where I belonged.

newbie123

Quote from: ResinRat2 on August 02, 2009, 06:02:37 PM
You're just not concerned because you are an Obama supporter. It this had happened during the Bush years you would have been concerned. Were you concerned about the Patriot Act? I would hope so, just as many US citizens were.

I'm just familiar with how web browsers  and the internet work...   If a website did try to access personal data, your web browser would most likely warn you before hand..

Quoting the website: "This application provides access to the DoT CARS System. When logged onto the CARS system, your computer is considered a Federal computer system and is the property of the U.S. Government.

Any or all uses of this system and all files on this system may be intercepted, monitored, recorded, copied, audited, inspected, and disclosed to authorized CARS, DoT, and law enforcement personnel, as well as authorized officials of other agencies, both domestic and foreign."

I still just think this is a "hardcore" disclaimer designed to discourage fraud.    If the "DoT, and law enforcement personal" suspected fraud, they could basically ransack your PC without a warrant, etc.   But the keyword here is "may"  ..  I think you guys are just running away with this... The web site cannot access your personal files at will (which is the context FOX news was using), imho... But the law enforcement personal can, and will,  if they feel the need...  This just doesn't really concern me, since I don't commit fraud.

This is the same as simply voluntarily suspending our Fourth Amendment rights and the Government will no longer ever need a warrent to go through all you personal computer files. Even going so far as to copy or audit them. Just because you don't think they will is no reason to blow this off as nothing.

Like I said, I think this "audit" could ONLY occur if you were suspected of commiting CARS fraud... I doubt it applies to any unrelated circumstances.

All they are doing is quoting directly from the website. If that's fear mongering to you then you might as well not even bother worrying. Just go put your head in the sand and sing a song to yourself.

What?  Dude, they're totally  freeking out over a DISCLAIMER,  they're warning people not to go to the site, etc.....  NOT  just quoting the CARS.org site  in a non-bias manner..    They are fear mongering. Period.

This is comparatively the same as voluntarily giving up your rights to unauthorized search and seizure. Meaning your house could be entered at anytime and searched without a warrent. I wonder if that would concern you at all either? Oh that's right, the Obama Administration would NEVER do that, eh? Just because they could doesn't mean that they will, right?

It would concern me if that happened without a good reason, but I just have serious doubts that it will.

To the rest of those who are concerned, this just shows that your Champion Obamaman has no more respect for your privacy or rights than Bushman did.
Now  you're just spewing baseless speculation (just like FOX news) ...     

That disclaimer doesn't disrespect ANYONES rights or privacy...    If the FEDS act on it, that may or may not be "disrespecting your rights" that's up to the lawyers/judge...   But you are pretty much  assuming they're going to act on it  and start taking everyones PCs (just because they visited cars.org) ...  This is nonsense.

Btw, What makes you so sure Obama had anything to do with that disclaimer?  Oh, oh...  wait.. I know.. It's a big conspiracy, right?  And Obama is the mastermind?

Until you can measure it, arguing about something can be many things.. But science is not one of them.