Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I see an economic diasater coming...

Started by the_big_m_in_ok, September 03, 2009, 01:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the American economy will ever improve?

Yes, definitely
Possibly, in the long run
No, it will worsen
Undecided

exxcomm0n

While it is a great and noble thing to be charitable to your fellow man, charity starts at home.

If I blew off getting a big screen because I thought a 5000W generator would be a better purchase, friends laugh at me on Superbowl Sunday.
But if a hurricane, flood, fire, or tornado knocks out power in my area for a week, guess who's comes around asking if they can borrow it?

I'm all for helping my fellow man, and will do so any chance I get, but I have a hard time justifying it when I spent my time and money preparing for a situation, and they spent their time catering to their creature comforts as if the future would always be sunny and bright.
I will definitely not do so if it threatens the well being of my family or myself. Everyone makes choices that effect their life and as much as I try to give good advice, I can't justify giving away what I've worked hard for just because others thought my advice silly and did not heed it  until it was too late.

When I stop learning, plant me.

I'm already of less use than a tree.

MasterPlaster

No, I am not talking about charity. I think charity is wrong.
I am talking about a paradim shift where every one see's their fullfiment
through enabling others to get what they want.

I think a lot of the problems we individually have is because of the personal
insecurities we have. In the societyf where every one feels secure they will not become greedy, hoarders etc. They would become what their true nature drives them to be. ( hopefully positive!)

I am not talking about a society where the state would do these things but each person himself would feel he has to be a selfless giver.

By the way I do believe that it is a doctine of the NWO social engineers to even destroy the family unit so, I think what I am talking about is premature and will not transpire until we come out of the other side of NWO tyranical black-hole.

ATT

Quote from: MasterPlasterNo, I am not talking about charity. I think charity is wrong.
Charity has it's place, however, if you 'teach a man to fish' and he doesn't and then you continue to 'give a man a fish', you perpetuate dependence.

QuoteI am talking about a paradim shift where every one see's their fulfillment through enabling others to get what they want...not become greedy...They would become what their true nature drives them to be
The reality-check here is that although our success as a species is, to a large degree, the result of our ability to cooperate as a group beyond family or tribe, there are personality characteristics that persist in many that include the agressive, the ruthless and the sociopathic.

The assumption of altruism for all individuals as the basis for societal stability isn't workable, that's why we have laws.

QuoteI think a lot of the problems we individually have is because of the personal insecurities we have.
That can certainly be the case. Another attribute of insecurity is denial, which results in doing nothing while waiting for the world to 'get better'.

QuoteBy the way I do believe that it is a doctine of the NWO social engineers to even destroy the family

Replacing primary allegiance to the family with primary allegiance to the 'State' is an ancient ploy, I have no doubt that it's among the items in any agendas' 'bag of tricks'.

the_big_m_in_ok

1) The biggest is, in my opinion:  investors an brokers are---still!---buying, selling and trading "credit default swaps" on Wall St.
These financial instruments are what the economic meltdown is largely about and are *said* to be worth a quadrillion dollars($1,000,000,000,000).  Even if they could be paid off, the interest and principal would amount to 5-10 times that much and take generations to pay off.

2) The war in AfPak(Afghanistan & Pakistan) costs trillions and cannot be won militarily.  The money is still *going down the drain* and the rate of expenditure cannot be maintained.

3) This is bad:  Here in California and elsewhere, Adjustable Rate Mortgages and other subprime loans are about to reset at a higher higher rate in a few months for millions of people nationwide.  Up to 8,000,000 households could be affected.
They might apply to overworked social services, move in with financially strapped relatives, or live on the streets.  There isn't much else they can do.

4) Continued unemployment is a serious concern.  Those who stop looking for work amount to twice the *official* rate.  In California it's about 25% total, and in the Northern states, it's probably higher than that.

5) The federal deficit is large enough that money is being printed to pay the people and institutions who need the economic stimulus.  The bailout of the banks only allowed the Gov't to buy up bank assets and assume control of the banks.  They own large chunks of the American economy and may assume(?) landlordship of many assets in this country.
Do go and see Capitalism: A Love Story by Michael Moore in theaters now.  It's 2 1/2 hrs long, but it got an applause from the audience at the end when I saw it.

6) The conspiracy theorists maintain there's a takeover coming when the Gov't tries to force Americans to take the flu/Swine Flu shot and then incarcerate those who refuse to comply in concentration camps for their own safety(epidemic/pandemic in progress).  They need to disarm everyone to begin that and gun owners are going to sit still for that.  The economic/political/social ramifications are huge.

To sum up:
At the beginning of Michael Moore's movie, he draws parallels between the ancient Roman Empire, which collapsed in the Fifth Century, and present-day America.  His analysis of the similarities are striking and I agree with them.  Nothing last forever, and, of course, the increasingly popular 2012 scenario(s) are becoming more prominent in some people's minds.

Something has to give.  Business as usual doesn't work any more.

"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

lwh

Quote from: lwh on October 04, 2009, 04:58:23 PM
While I'm not really into the survivalistic shtuff (which is what this thread was sort of about last time I looked), I thought some of you here might find these things interesting, http://www.lifesaversystems.com/index.html as maintaining access to a drinkable water supply could be very problematic if what some of you are anticipating actually comes to pass.  Hell, I'm tempted to get one anyway, could come in handy in any case.

Just to update this, I sent an e-mail to both the Australian (where I'm at) and the U.S contact addresses on the 5th and 19th of October asking about prices and delivery and still haven't heard back from either.  These things sure aren't taking off like they could, or probably should, and the few (three in the whole world?) sellers aren't helping by not responding to e-mails.  There are phone numbers I can try but I don't want to be given the same treatment over the phone.  Makes me wonder.