Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I see an economic diasater coming...

Started by the_big_m_in_ok, September 03, 2009, 01:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the American economy will ever improve?

Yes, definitely
Possibly, in the long run
No, it will worsen
Undecided

jadaro2600

Quote from: the_big_m_in_ok on September 09, 2009, 11:08:13 AM
The extremists are sociopaths who don't care about anything but what they want, e.g., to kill us.

--Lee

Extremists are the problem, not just extremists with religious zeal.

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: jadaro2600 on September 10, 2009, 07:27:46 PM
Extremists are the problem, not just extremists with religious zeal.
That's what I meant.  "Extremists are the problem," as you said.  Individuals who take their personal desires and their mental wreckage and foist it on others---sometimes by force---because they want to.  Hitler and bin Ladin were fired in the same mold.

Merely having extremist opinions on a subject, that doesn't affect others, is okay.  It doesn't matter how extreme.  One can always keep it to oneself.  Everyone has an opinion, including me.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

the_big_m_in_ok

the_big_m_in_ok said:
...Then, as in the opening post of this thread, the impending cutoff of benefits money for the unemployed is going to make a bad problem worse.  No immediate end in sight.

NOTE:

New development:

http://www.facebook.com/note.php?note_id=131832675980

This, I hope, is a permanently archived article.  The whole financial industry is still poised to burst an expanding bubble is rising slowly now.  As I said above, "No immediate end in sight."
Wall St. never has learned that greed is its own punishment.

--Lee

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

jadaro2600

Consider the nature of condensation.  If one had no other means of determining whether or not their was humidity, then one could easily tell by how much condensation forms on the outside of something cold over a period of time.

Now, the idea is that by looking at the proverbial condensation on the market and value of money over time: the markets are full of hot wet air, with lots of extra junk thrown in to make everyone happy.

I like to think of Novelty Theory when thinking about the market; take away all the novelty items and you get to the core of the market.  These are where the bottom line is, all else is relevant but it's just as irrelevant.  Considering the massive amounts of JUNK coming out of 'strong economies' ..such as china and japan, the relevant markets' consumables are all inclusive..

When it comes to economies, the real info as clouded with fake info.  Novelties are a fake endeavor, as even though they create jobs, so does increasing the number of frivolously paid government workers ( such as people that clean up roadkill, etc. ).

I might add, that there are industrial aspects of novelty items; even though each and every marketable item we/they produce is somewhat of a novelty item, the act of brining something to market is where most of the monetary strain goes -

( notice here, where is begin to ramble, EVEN more ...)  ..blah blah blah, this is the field of poppies that they referred to in The Wizard of Oz..

And then there's the Idea of agriculture - the most basic, which, industrialized, needs mining and ore resources; Ultimately, natural resources are our greatest resources. Not meaning or intending to convolute the point, our exports are more important as food then they would be as some novelty item.

Given a crisis, novelties tend to be less utilized.  It's in the backward strategy of our functional defense, that if our economy tanks, so does theirs.  Go stock up of teddy bears and gum-ball machine toys - I don't think so.  Buy less novelty items; show them the power of our economy.

The cash for clunkers is a scam - most cars flying off the lot aren't made in America. TO add to that, most people get back what they would pay in sales tax... quickly:

you get 3500 for your clunker, the NEW car you get costing 22,000.00, you pay 1540 in sales tax to you state @7%, 1980@9% ...in other words, the state takes half of your refund in most cases...RIGHT back where it came from.  Most people having money for a new expensive car, will have an old expensive car...you get 4500 for your clunker, you pay 35,000, you pay 2450@7%, 3150@9%.

the_big_m_in_ok

@jadaro2600

In regard to your whole #28 posting, I mostly agree.  Accessories can be foregone with in a recession.  In view of the fact that little has changed on Wall St., and that several million people will have no income at all in due course, the situation looks dire for the economy when people catch on to their not having any future.

When people get scared or they're hopeless(likely in a few months), all Hell will break loose.

--Lee