Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

I see an economic diasater coming...

Started by the_big_m_in_ok, September 03, 2009, 01:05:30 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Do you think the American economy will ever improve?

Yes, definitely
Possibly, in the long run
No, it will worsen
Undecided

ATT

Here's some stuff that goes along with my last post:

In China, one factory owner is bemoaning the fact that wages have risen to an average of $160/mo (that's about $1.00/hr if based on a 40 hr week.)
(2009 - Business Week)
http://www.businessweek.com/magazine/content/06_13/b3977049.htm

In Mexico, workers in U.S. auto factories have conceded to lower their wages  to compete with pressures from China, some positions as low as $1.50/hr
(2008 - mlive.com, Michigan)
http://www.mlive.com/business/index.ssf/2008/06/mexicos_auto_unions_agree_to_c.html

With wages like that, how much economic reciprocity do you think those workers can manage in buying US or EU goods?

Example: How many jobs are -really- wiped out when a U.S. auto factory closes?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/28/MN6919EL3P.DTL

The dollar's going down:
http://www.reuters.com/article/usDollarRpt/idUSTKW00658220090922

More jobs are wiped out, the tax-base reduced, more government funding required to deal with the jobless and medically uninsured, more financial insolvency leading to bankruptcy, more foreclosures and loan defaults, collateral-layoffs from dependent businesses, the Fed prints more money, the Dollar's losing value, maybe there's something I'm not seeing here about why it's good to let Free-Trade have 'Free-Reign'.

the_big_m_in_ok

ATT said:
Example: How many jobs are -really- wiped out when a U.S. auto factory closes?
http://www.sfgate.com/cgi-bin/article.cgi?f=/c/a/2009/08/28/MN6919EL3P.DTL
My thoughts exactly.  35,000 - 50,000 total by ripple effect.  When people stop trying to look for work, the unemployment rate effectively doubles.  The official rate in CA is 12.2% this month.  About 25% unofficially.

The dollar's going down:
http://www.reuters.com/article/usDollarRpt/idUSTKW00658220090922
That's why buying and selling currency for profit is stupid.  Nobody eats quarters(without serious gastric problems(!)   :o   ::)   :P 
Commodities are a better way to go.  Barter is a better way to go.  More human supervision of quality(If you don't like it, walk away).
Less planned obsolescence.

More jobs are wiped out, the tax-base reduced, more government funding required to deal with the jobless and medically uninsured, more financial insolvency leading to bankruptcy, more foreclosures and loan defaults, collateral-layoffs from dependent businesses, the Fed prints more money, the Dollar's losing value, maybe there's something I'm not seeing here about why it's good to let Free-Trade have 'Free-Reign'.
It's a vicious cycle, all right.  But as long as human nature is greedy, nothing will change for the better.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

onthecuttingedge2005

How will Barter support our Military that protects our country from invaders?

nobody will want to join the military on a retirement of Barter either.

that is the only reason why Barter won't work in America.

I am not against Barter but I am against losing our military defences in the good old USA.

How about buying a new C-5 Galaxy Class or even a AC-130
or our latest stealth fighters on Barter? A-10 Warthogs for a shipment of Bananas? Passenger Jets for a cargo of pop tarts?

won't work.
Jerry

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: onthecuttingedge2005 on September 23, 2009, 12:16:42 AM
How will Barter support our Military that protects our country from invaders?
that is the only reason why Barter won't work in America.
I anticipate the economy to collapse like the Roman Empire did in the Fifth Century.  They all do.  No exceptions.

The various reasons for this to happen are posted above.

Barter may be all that's left.

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.

nightlife

Our economy's are colasping as have all in the past and that is due to our own greed.
Human beings are greedy by nature. No one wants to be equal, at least not the majority.