Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Introducing The Dudgeon Engine

Started by Pirate88179, November 03, 2009, 01:27:42 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Pirate88179

Electricme (Jim) has come up with a new and novel twist to engine design.  I started this topic for him.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Pirate88179

See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

electricme

At Bill,

Thank you again my good friend, for doing this for me I appreciate this very much indeed.

TOO EVERYONE WHO READS THE INFORMATION ON THIS FORUM

THIS ENGINE WHICH I HAVE DESIGNED,      TODAY I HAVE FREELY GIVEN TO THE WORLD

on this day Tuesday the 3rd of November 2009, which just happens to be Melbourne cup day in Australia

I electricme present

The
  DUDGEON ENGINE

In honor of my deceased father Mr BOB Dudgeon, who's occupation was a humble motor mechanic.

This engine wipes away forever the notion that the humble 4 stroke engine is locked up with a long crankshaft, that it must be forever be run in a 2 revolution cycle.

I HAVE THROWN AWAY THE CRANKSHAFT AS WE ALL HAVE KNOWN IT    ;D

I HAVE ALSO THROWN AWAY THE CAMSHAFT   ;D

I will make even more outstanding claims that Will border on the absolute impossible, but it will be verified by mechanical engineers who examine my engine with an open mind.

WHAT ELSE WILL IT BE ABLE TO DO
The actual 4 stroke cycle is built into a revolving flywheel as a deeply machined groove, this groove allows the engine designer to add in to the working of this engine the usual 4 stroke principle on a 2 revolution of the crankshaft but combines it to a SINGLE revolution of the flywheel. ;D

To my knowledge, this has never been achieved anywhere. :)

I also claim that the same principle can be used to have 2 complete spark plug fireing of a single spark plug, by designing the deep groove to accommodate this, just double up the high and lows of the deep groove. ;)

That's just for starters.     

This engine will run on petrol, diesel, paint thinners, eather, HHO even cooking oil, as long as you raise the compression enough or alter the timing allowing it to do so.

I also have NEVER made this engine, nor made any model of it, I simply have no desire to do so as strange as that may seem.

Below I present the only drawing of it, the engineers of the world can take it from this point onwards, make it work, redesign it to their hearts desire if they so wish.

In the next few pages I will explain how it works, step by step, I encourage everyone to copy and print out what they feel free to use to make one of their own. There are NO measurements, you just go from scratch, that way YOU will be the one who has the success with it. As you look closely at it, you will begin to see the enormous way it can be configured to be made to work for you.

Here is the diagram as a JPG file. Please enjoy

jim electricme

People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

MW383

Jim,

I will be reading and interpretting this design over the next several days. What I would like to do is get this modelled up within Solidworks. I would be able to build a full assembly and apply motion to its various moving components. Solidworks a good tool here not only from a modelling standpoint but also in its ability to quickly generate official machining style blueprints. Through auxillary program add-ons, some amount of simulation could also be done (stresses-forces, thermodynamics).

Let me know if you are interested in this. In the mean time, I will attempt to wrap my mind around what you are proposing here.

Best regards,

MW383

electricme

mw383

Thank you for your input and the Solidworks option sounds excellent to me.

I appreciate this, and it will be a good test to run.

I would like to speak to you on this topic soonest if this may be possible.

I will PM you with the NS papers within the next couple of hours.

In the mean time, below is a further explanation on how I perceive the operation of the engine occurs relating to the usual 4 cycle engine as most people know it today.

Over the last couple of days I have had questions relating to people who need a clarification on just how the 4 "normal" strokes relate to this new engine of mine, so I will endeavor to explain this principle in a more graphical way.

I will post jpgs with just their number to identify which belongs to what photo eg 1696.jpg is (1696 = and the story follows)
------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1696 = I depicts the 4 stroke of the "normal" engine as we all understand it today as a graphical BLUE WAVY LINE.

The line begins,
As you can see, the 1st upward line at the left depicts the piston rising, compressing fuel mixture, it rises to TDC.

At this point the "red" X denotes the spark plug fires, and the POWER stroke begins.
The blue line begins to fall, this indicates the piston is being forced down.
The blue line begins to flatten out, the EXHAUST valve is opening, the blue line begins to rise upwards on its exhaust stroke.
Towards the top the exhaust valve closes and the INLET valve opens, this is the INTAKE stroke.
The blue line continues it's downward travel, it begins to flatten out, the Intake stroke ends, the intake valve closes and the COMPRESSION stroke begins and rises to the top and the whole procedure starts all over again.
-----------------------------------------------------------------------

OK now we have to "S T R E T C H" THIS IMAGINARY STROKE PROCESS by pulling the blue line longer.
This will give you a better understanding on how my engine converts this 4 stroke principle 2 revolution (which does not alter) into a single revolution but still using the 4 stroke principle to work.

Let us now look at graph 1697.

1697 = The same image that you saw above is now a shallow wriggly line, I have done this on purpose to explain this easier.
At the left is the upward rising COMPRESSION, which rises to the SPARK PLUG and FIRING point.
All the stroke principles are still there as you can see, BUT from this point onwards, we now take the end of this wriggly line and begin to form a circle with it, so the END of the line representing the downward power stroke now is taken around and underneath, then back upwards towards the beginning of the 1st line at the left side, you will have formed a very crude circle.

Now lets take a look at the this final image which looks like a deformed peanut.
The RED X denotes the FIRING POINT, the blue line we bent represents the channel or SLOT which is machined into the flywheel.
The Black small X in a circle represents the fulcrum or axle centre.

So as the PISTON is FIXED to the piston SHAFT (which is no longer a conrod) can only move in two directions (UP or DOWN), as the slot revolves, it pulls the piston either Up or Down, depending on where the wobble piece (affixed at the bottom of the piston shaft) is in relation to the moving slot machined inside the flat face of the flywheel.

If you take a straight wire coat hanger and form all the above curves as seen in image 1696, then stretch it as seen in 1697, then form a circle, you will end up with the peanut image as seen.

This shows you how TWO complete rotations of the crankshaft is transformed into a SINGLE rotation, but the 4 stroke principle is still retained.

jim
People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.