Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Bob Boyce Hex Controller

Started by sterlinga, November 12, 2009, 12:48:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

gmeast

Quote from: plengo on March 06, 2012, 08:29:43 PM

Hey Greg,

I am eagerly watching your videos now. I am very interested in that project. Can you share some of the info Bob gave you?

Many thanks,

Fausto.

Hi Plengo,

Thanks.  Some of the information Bob has shared with me I have agreed NOT to discuss in open forum.

watkykjy1's videos did raise some question:  In a single battery charging setup, 2 chokes are required ... one on the regeneration circuit (FET diodes to battery) and one between battery + and Toroid Primary common.  His videos don't show the B+ choke but it is part of controlling the flow of longitudinal energy (LME).  Both chokes are part of that control and so some tuning is implied, but he gave me no specifics other than info' found on (the most up-to-date version of) the D9.pdf ... get that at HydrogenGarage.com.

Also, the spikes you see on watkykjy1 's scope are NOT LME, and, in fact, the spikes returned to the battery are not enough (alone) to cover the energy consumed or lost by the controller and Toroid.   The spikes are added to the regeneration 'mix' and returned to the battery instead of clamping (wasting) them to ground.  It's the LME that does the charging.

He did tell me that better performance may be achieved with a 2-battery 'swap' approach.  This is because the choke in the regeneration circuit reduces the LME to the battery (in a single battery setup).  In a 2-battery setup, that choke is not needed (he says).  This confuses me a little in that I thought that choke was required to block EM Interference but allow LME to pass to the battery being charged but that may apply (specifically) to a single battery setup.  I never got this cleared up.  But he also told me the charging performance could be compromised (1-battery setup) if the battery is too big or is compromised in some way ... losses due to sulfation or has too much internal resistance, oxidation, etc.  So that means use 2, smaller, known-good batteries for a 2-battery config. 

Personally I don't like the 2-battery setup.  The 1-battery setup is the "Holy Grail" in my opinion.

He also said NOT to hook any electronic equipment to the battery being charged ... applies to 1- & 2-battery configurations.  So that means - use a mechanical (needle-type) voltage meter and amp meter in the setup ... no digital meters, scopes, etc ... that works for me.

Well plengo, those are the highlights.  I'm going to try and find a couple of small (hopefully new) flooded lead-acid batteries to continue with ... maybe motorcycle batteries.

****I've added this:  Bob Says that a pulse width (PW) as long as 2.5usec will work and a micro clocking at only 4MHz is sufficient.  This implies that the pulsing frequency is not too high ... maybe less than 50kHz because of the micro's overhead, etc.  He also said what's equally important is " ... what's going on between the pulses ...", but unfortunately he offered no specific details but I feel it did warrant mentioning.

Later,

Greg

gmeast

Hi all,

Just in case you might want to know one of the frequencies watkykjy1 was running his Hex-Controller at during the 'self-charging' demo videos,  here is a capture from his first video ... below.  He made 5 vids that he posted to YouTube (public).  He made the first one and then re-made the demo as a 4-parter 1of4 thru 4of4, and this latter series of 4 vids is what most people have watched.  The capture below is from his first video (not part of the series of 4).  He doubtless made more videos (for private viewing) for selected individuals ... maybe.

The capture shows a sweep of 50 micro-seconds per division.  The pulses seen on the scope occur almost every 50usecs which places the frequency at 20kHz.  This is  a relatively low frequency and easily negotiated by any micro and most definitely by my PPC.  I have set it at 20KHz and a PW of 600nsec 3-Ph.  I'll make a short vid to show you all - if interested ... just reply.

I hope I'm correct about the scope sweep.  If the full sweep is 50usec, then the frequency is 200KHz ... still relatively easy to negotiate.

Later,

Greg

The capture:

broli

It's sad that Bob can't just come in and assist you to get the desired effect on your already excellent circuit. Did something happen to him?

gmeast

Quote from: broli on March 08, 2012, 04:30:47 AM
It's sad that Bob can't just come in and assist you to get the desired effect on your already excellent circuit. Did something happen to him?

Hi broli,

Thanks for your comment.

My last communication with Bob was on 6/20/2011.  He PM'd me via my private email address in reply to a question I had regarding the 'B+' choke.  In that reply he stated:

"... Yes, the B+ choke is always required. Right now is not a good time to be working with the toroidal tech, it no longer functions.  The dark energy density is too low and is falling rapidly, it is now below 33% of what it used to be ...."

- which was shocking to hear.  However, recently, someone on the YahooGroups b-hex forum stated:

'... it works again ...'

There were other "interesting" comments in the email referring to some of this 2012 stuff, but since I consider him somewhat of a genius with special insight into LME,  I'll just keep some of that to myself (out of respect for Bob).

I had asked him several questions about component placement WRT the Toroid and in one of those replies he commented:

"... Please remember to keep all leads between the toroid and the PCB at identical lengths ........ While there's not enough room for a controller there, the center hole of the toroid is a convenient place to mount the toroid B+ choke. It slips over the Faraday cage center bolt (1/2" 304 SS threaded rod) and down into the center hole of the toroid quite nicely .........This field (Toroid's) can affect timing, so I suggest keeping the controller close to the core, either above or below it where the field is the weakest ..."

watkykiy1 had none of that in his demo'.

This implies that the controller should be in the center of the Toroid.  As it happens,  both of my boards 'folded' together (back to back) fit in the center of the Toroid with room to spare (as long as I get rid of the headers and solder those digital data lines direct to the board).  Steve Marks also alludes to the necessity of having the critical components in the center of a TPU Toroid.

As to your ? re: "Did something happen to him?", I think he's in '2012 preparation mode'.

A correction to my earlier post regarding 'micro clock speed' ... he was actually referring to IPS (instructions per second) ... 4MIPS not 4MHz.

Anyway,  I'm still pretty sure the frequency that watkykiy1 used is in the 20KHz to 50KHz range judging by the specs of the FET driver chip UCC2732X.  Thanks for replying ... and your comment about my circuit.

Greg

gmeast

Quote from: gmeast on March 07, 2012, 11:18:08 PM
Hi all,

Just in case you might want to know one of the frequencies watkykjy1 was running his Hex-Controller at during the 'self-charging' demo videos,  here is a capture from his first video ... below..........................................................

.......................................I hope I'm correct about the scope sweep.  If the full sweep is 50usec, then the frequency is 200KHz ... still relatively easy to negotiate.

Later,

Greg

Hi all,

Sorry about quoting myself, but I have been going through my communications with Bob and I was able to pinpoint one of the operational frequencies we need to aim for.  This was gleaned from an email he sent to me on 2/15/2011.  I don't think he would mind me 'excerpting' a piece of it for the purposes here.  We had been discussing frequencies,  the PWM3G, FETs and FET drivers, Micros, etc and he cautioned about over-driving the Toroid.  He stated this:

" ... Oh, you'll want to be careful about pulse repetition rate, ie operational
frequency. When W made a mistake in his clock divisor value, he accidentally
hit 428 Khz instead of 42.8 khz. The resulting avalanche fried his toroid and HC
board ..."

(W refers to watkykiy1 and HC refers to Hex Controller).

... which is pretty clear that 42.8KHz is one of the operational frequencies ... and probably 21.4KHz also.   He does state that power density is directly related to frequency ... of course, however this caution is vital to having a complete working knowledge of this stuff.

... wanted to share this.  Later,

Greg