Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

angryScientist's Left and Right hand rules

Started by angryScientist, November 12, 2009, 01:39:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

angryScientist

Here are two rules that I have developed and used for myself. I find it to be quite handy. :D  Its just so much easier to think this way, for me anyway.

1.) Right hand rule (modified)
I changed the standard right hand rule into the electron model of the right hand rule. *(This isn't deflection of a wire or current flow) This rule describes the forces on a moving electron. Why? Because any free electron moving through a magnetic field will experience a force causing it to change direction.

2.) Left hand rule (sorry, backwards picture)
*(Note: the description in the image is wrong!!!) The thumb actually points in the direction of electron flow rather than the current flow. Current flow is opposite the electron flow (I know it's strange). Electrons flow from negative to positive. Because electrons are negative and thats the pole they originate from. Current, on the other hand, flows from positive to negative. It must be a hold over from the old days when they didn't know about electrons.

Grumpy

It is the men of insight and the men of unobstructed vision of every generation who are able to lead us through the quagmire of a in-a-rut thinking. It is the men of imagination who are able to see relationships which escape the casual observer. It remains for the men of intuition to seek answers while others avoid even the question.
                                                                                                                                    -Frank Edwards

Mk1

angryScientist

Quote from: Grumpy on November 12, 2009, 05:05:02 PM
Nice picture of Tesla.  thanks for posting that.  Was that taken in his New York Lab?

Barrett's theory is complicated.  Didn't he prove portions of it?  I recall that he received a couple of patents.

Looking at your right hand rule, creating a force on a conductor in a magnetic field might produce a current.

EDIT:
if you apply an electric field pulse perp to the magnetic field (index finger of your right hand using your rule diagram), while the field is changing (pulse rise) will it create a force is that will induce a dipole current (like a displacement current)?

Ah. Well two things are happening at the same time it looks like, a electric pulse and a magnetic pulse. I would calculate the two things separately then sum the two results, like this;

The electric pulse will attract the electrons, causing the electrons move in the direction the index finger points, moving across the magnetic lines of flux (thumb) so the electron will end up not where it was headed but below it somewhere between the index finger and middle finger (Speed and flux strength will determine how much it curls toward middle finger.)

Second part, the magnetic pulse. Imagine we start our calculation again. We have a electron sitting there and a magnetic field comes up upon it. The direction of  the lines of flux stays the same so our thumb stays pointing in the same direction as the time. What's different is magnetic field is moving this time. Let's say magnetic pulse comes from a source from below (you never said so I'll assume). As lines flux expand up from below they move past the electron. Even though our electron is not moving and its the magnetic field that is moving up, the electron would feel like it is moving through field downward so point your index finger downward. Does that make sense? The magnetic field expands upward, so our stationary electron moves through the field down ward. (That's a tricky part...) So, now that there is motion between our electron and magnetic field the electrons starts to feel the force of deflection. It starts moving now toward the direction the middle finger points (sideways).

Now I can add the two results; Result 1, electron was moving toward electric field but was deflected down. +PLUS+ Result 2, electron was deflected sideways.
EQUALS= The electron tends to move in a circle that moves down and back toward you. Note, it would have done that anyway from the first result but the expanding magnetic pulse made it happen more quickly and made the circle tighter and smaller.

Quote from: Grumpy on November 12, 2009, 05:44:05 PM
What is this "force"?

The lines of force, as described in second picture, are what I alway refer to as magnetic lines of flux. It's the magnetic field lines.

Any time a free electron moves it create a magnetic field that expands from it like wake from a ship or a sonic boom from a speeding bullet. The magnetic field is like a spinning cone with the electron at the apex.

Grumpy

The other force.

The one that exist during the initial rise of the pulse.
It is the men of insight and the men of unobstructed vision of every generation who are able to lead us through the quagmire of a in-a-rut thinking. It is the men of imagination who are able to see relationships which escape the casual observer. It remains for the men of intuition to seek answers while others avoid even the question.
                                                                                                                                    -Frank Edwards