Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Some thoughts on a homopolar idea.

Started by broli, November 18, 2009, 08:13:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broli

The "another way to fight lorentz" thread inspired me to think about the following idea.

You have a homopolar motor attached to a bigger wheel. When you produce a current forces start to appear, one of these acts on the "outside" circuit, which in this case is attached to the bigger wheel and might produce a torque. Since the homopolar motor is allowed to rotate this force doesn't balance out since the counter force is causing the magnet+disc to rotate. So according to my speculation the bigger wheel should start to move around. When it starts to move some undesired things might happen but at least you have created angular momentum from a closed system.

mr_bojangles

so essentially you are making a variation that would be more beneficial as a motor, and to make the machine from the other thread work in reverse?

initially i thought it wouldn't work, but after looking at your set up im not so sure now

would it be different if the hp motor was much larger in diameter? obviously it would need to be done in a manner that would allow it to rest above the bigger wheel without interfering with the axle? i feel as if this might make a difference but i am not sure yet whether it would be beneficial or not, however i am sure you have put some thought into this

those are only my initial thoughts, id be interested to hear what you think of making this go in reverse as a generator
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

gravityblock

Creating an angular momentum may be the key to overcoming or using the counter torque to our advantage.  If we think along these lines, then maybe we can kick some doors open that have never been opened before.

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

gravityblock

I modified an image by DreamThinkBuild.  The rotating axle & the large center disc will rotate CW.  This will cause the magnets to rotate CCW on their own axles.  Add an external circuit and a small disc to all of the magnets.  When current is being taken off the small discs, the counter torque will be CW which is in the same direction as the rotation of the axle and large center disc.  If that doesn't work, then have the magnets alternate in poles.

Edit:  That won't work, lol.
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

broli

I believe that this idea is very unique as it exploits a special force. We are mostly used to mechanical forces from springs, gravity or even electrical charges. But unlike those forces this force "flips" when it crosses a certain point. This flipping causes a torque on one system and a linear force on another.

A magnet can be represented by a loop of wire with a certain current going through it. Using this concept it's much easier to see the forces in play. I have attached an illustration of this.

Of course this should not only create angular momentum from inside the system, but also a uni directional force. This is done by mirroring the system over to the other side.