Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Unbalanced weight scale...or what to call it

Started by Low-Q, December 22, 2009, 06:03:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

winner

mscoffman,

Thanks for the response! Though given the simplicity of this model, it would seem it might take less effort just to build a physical model, eh?

I love these ideas that are so simple and require little explanation to see how they would work. I think most here are in agreement that the solution to a gravity engine, if any is found, will be something very simple. I suppose someone with experience can see immediately where the faults and show-stoppers in this system are, but it's easy to construct a movie in my mind that shows this thing as a runner after introducing proper latches to delay movement and provide the hysteresis.

I'm not sure when I'll get around to trying this in Phun or another simulator, but I'll try to do a physical model when I have a chance.
Cure diseases with grid computing power! Join World Community Grid!

Click logo for worldcommunitygrid.org

iacob alex

Hi  Low-Q !
I call it (your proposal ) variable leverage (fulcrum+first class lever /with a variable arm +two masses).
You intend to play swinging motion (as a seesaw with a "sleeping partner"),
I have as a purpose to play a full continuous rotation.
Some developments , refinements of the variable leverage , you can find at :
http://www.besslerwheel.com/forum/search.php?search_author=iacob+alex    ...let's say"theory"
http://www.geocities.ws/iacob_alex/  ...look at "Some Drafts"

Everything should be made as simple as possible (concepts and tests) , before to discover that the "whole" is the sum of its parts.

I made some "small size" experiments.....before to develop them , in the future , as bigger ones.

Al_ex

LibreEnergia

No 'Continuously overbalanced' device can EVER work without an external supply of energy.

At best you can make it act like a perfectly balanced flywheel. It will continue to run until frictional losses cause it to stop.

Stop wasting your time on these unworkable devices.

lumen

It looks like the key to make the arm work is to keep the tube close to level so the required work to tilt it and move the ball is as small as possible!

The problem is as the main pivot rotates so does the tilt of the tube, increasing the amount of work required to move the tube to a new position at the end.

That is why I have been saying that any and all gravity devices (and magnet motors)  must use the torque shifting principal to gain an advantage. Otherwise, everything is always equal.

iacob alex

Hi. Lumen !
I agree with you , so "...to use the torque shifting principal..." , or with my words " the torque difference shifting on the same side of the fulcrum ".
Simply , we can maintain the unbalance ( torque difference ) for an " automata seesaw" , due to a regular " gravity escapement "...
     Al_ex