Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

EER Joule Thief using an earth battery to start a joule thief.

Started by jeanna, December 28, 2009, 09:50:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

kb24

can anyone explain which is primary winding? 12turn or 4turn is the primary winding?

As i read through some previous pages, most having EB with low voltage but so much higher ampere than me. My EB only have 9V, 0.1mA.. I use my EB to power my fuji circuit but couldnt work. So i plan to use JT to power up my fuji perhaps.

Pirate88179

Quote from: kb24 on January 04, 2011, 08:38:59 PM
can anyone explain which is primary winding? 12turn or 4turn is the primary winding?

As i read through some previous pages, most having EB with low voltage but so much higher ampere than me. My EB only have 9V, 0.1mA.. I use my EB to power my fuji circuit but couldnt work. So i plan to use JT to power up my fuji perhaps.

4 is the primary, or as we decided to call the base windings.  If you add a super cap to your eb set-up, once charged a bit it should run your jt easily.  Just don't over charge it with your 9 volts as most are only 2.7 volts.  They can and will explode.

The spikes from your eb will be stored in the cap and from that you can run just about anything.  I learned this a while back and it allowed me to be able to do some cool things.

Hope this helps.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Bizzy

Good Morning
I have been enjoying this site so much. Jeanna and Pirate88179 have been a tremendous help. Thanks again to both of you!
I always thought some of my ideas were simply reworked ideas as the motto above my work shop says "Ich erfinde das Rad täglich wieder" ( I reinvent the wheel) But Jeanna helped me realize that some of my tinkering and minor changes to other ideas may actually be usefull to others so in that light I would like to share some of them.
In experimenting with earth batteries this past sommer I was using shallow copper and zinc tubes  to test distance and positioning, it gave me lots of data some of which I am still going over. During those tests I also added a few others, the most promising of which was coal.
We all know that carbon is favorable to use over copper on the north/positive side. At the time i didn't have any carbon rods in my workshop but i did have lots of coal/carbon from my camp. so to use the coal, I cut a copper tube lengthwise in half for 2 feet. I put a hole in the ground using another metal rod then inserted the half copper tube so that the open part was facing south. I then crushed 2 pounds of coal into a fine powder an poured it into the hole with the half copeer tube and hooked it to a zinc tube thirty feet away.
I instantly got an increase of .1 volts ( just remember these were shallow tube tests) but the real advantage i found was that when other earth battery couples were dropping in voltage because of dry conditions the coal was very slow in dropping .I hope to test that better next year in the sommer when it gets dry up here along the lake.
Bizzy

Curious_Celt

HI, I'm new to the forum. At the risk sounding dumb, could somebody please tell me what "EER" stands for? I understand "Joule Thief", as I have made a few of them, but the preceding acronym eludes me.. Thanks in advance.

Pirate88179

Quote from: Curious_Celt on June 08, 2013, 09:48:16 PM
HI, I'm new to the forum. At the risk sounding dumb, could somebody please tell me what "EER" stands for? I understand "Joule Thief", as I have made a few of them, but the preceding acronym eludes me.. Thanks in advance.

Welcome to the forums.

EER is a term we coined a while back that means: Earth Energy Receiver.  We all felt like this better described what we were doing as opposed to Earth Battery as most of our designs were not batteries at all.

I hope this helps.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen