Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

The Bloom Box

Started by Topguner, February 22, 2010, 05:48:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

PCB

Blooming Hell! This blooming Bloom Box really blooms with potential!

English-English is really a great language...

PCB

For those who seem to be a little negative on the idea of using our domestic US methane then this short article might shed some light on why this is a good step in the right direction of distributive power generation:

Methane Fuel Cell   

Why in the heck would you use H2 when you can use methane? Hydrogen isn't readily available, and is extremely hard to transport and store with current technologies. Hydrogen is 100% clean but still out of the grasp of current technology to harness. My idea is cleaner than octane and more efficient but not as good as hydrogen, still would help aide the development of technologies that will be necessary for hydrogen.

Take Methane and make a fuel cell that adds oxygen to the CH4 and generate electricity + 4 water molecules and 1 carbon dioxide molecule. This is much cleaner than octane and more efficient. Methane takes up much less space than hydrogen and would be more practical to store in fuel tanks. You could also make more methane in the future using algae, biomass, human sewage, and landfill gas. As well you could use nuclear power and electrolysis to make methane out of the carbon dioxide in the air and water. The methane could be readily accessed from your natural gas line to your home and could power up the fuel cell in your house to provide electricity in your house. You would use this electricity to power your house when electrical demand is high such as in the summer during the day to save the power plants from being overwhelmed.

Who cares about how clean it is, what is really important is having an alternative to buying a lot of petroleum from terrorist states. Now you can buy a little bit. As well this is a step forward to H2 fuel cells.
â€"   JoeLounsbury, Feb 24 2004  Source: Halfbakery.com

OscarMeyer

Quote from: PCB on February 25, 2010, 09:03:51 PM
For those who seem to be a little negative on the idea of using our domestic US methane then this short article might shed some light on why this is a good step in the right direction of distributive power generation:

Methane Fuel Cell   

Why in the heck would you use H2 when you can use methane? Hydrogen isn't readily available, and is extremely hard to A and store with current technologies. Hydrogen is 100% clean but still out of the grasp of current technology to harness. My idea is cleaner than octane and more efficient but not as good as hydrogen, still would help aide the development of technologies that will be necessary for hydrogen.

Take Methane and make a fuel cell that adds oxygen to the CH4 and generate electricity + 4 water molecules and 1 carbon dioxide molecule. This is much cleaner than octane and more efficient. Methane takes up much less space than hydrogen and would be more practical to store in fuel tanks. You could also make more methane in the future using algae, biomass, human sewage, and landfill gas. As well you could use nuclear power and electrolysis to make methane out of the carbon dioxide in the air and water. The methane could be readily accessed from your natural gas line to your home and could power up the fuel cell in your house to provide electricity in your house. You would use this electricity to power your house when electrical demand is high such as in the summer during the day to save the power plants from being overwhelmed.

Who cares about how clean it is, what is really important is having an alternative to buying a lot of petroleum from terrorist states. Now you can buy a little bit. As well this is a step forward to H2 fuel cells.
â€"   JoeLounsbury, Feb 24 2004  Source: Halfbakery.com

I am glad to see that I am NOT the ONLY person who sees the significance of this NEW fuel cell technology.  This is different from the inefficient hydrogen fuel only fuel cells of the past that would not run on alternative gaseous fuels.

Oscar

sushimoto

Quote from: OscarMeyer on February 26, 2010, 12:13:30 AM
I am glad to see that I am NOT the ONLY person who sees the significance of this NEW fuel cell technology.  This is different from the inefficient hydrogen fuel only fuel cells of the past that would not run on alternative gaseous fuels.

Oscar

Hi Oscar,
thats not perfectly true.
AFAIK are conventional FuelCells working with various Gases as well.
The only issue is the membrane which has to be very "fine" when in use with hydrogen.

But i do see the advantage in blooms approach to get rid of the grid.
Later on, the "fuel" may be an easy subject to change into "green" and zero emissions.

best,
sushi

DAMIT DAS MOEGLICHE ENTSTEHT, MUSS IMMER WIEDER DAS UNMOEGLICHE VERSUCHT WERDEN.

jadaro2600

He should manufacture a minicell which can be powered by cigarette lighter fluid ( butane ) ...perhaps he could make  something small to demonstrate the electricity at work powering a remote controlled vehicle ( RC Car ) or something like this.