Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

odd thought

Started by mr_bojangles, February 22, 2010, 06:46:34 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

mr_bojangles

so i was trying to think of a way to make a plant generate electricity

while its not free energy, i was trying to think outside of the box

but supposed we found a way to get a plant to filter us out pure O2, and then burn it

i was thinking maybe cyanobacteria (bacterial algae, green algae)

if we saturate the water with oxygen, and seal off the top of a vessel, filter in water with CO2, (saturated with oxygen still) cyanobacteria produce oxygen, water cannot contain it, escapes into the air compartment above the water, which is fed to a piston

alternatively, air could be "filtered" through different vessels of algae until the correct 02 ratio is obtained

i have absolutely no idea if this is anywhere near feasible, i just thought it was an interesting thought experiment i wanted to share

anyone think its possible?
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

Judges

if we saturate the water with oxygen, and seal off the top of a vessel, filter in water with CO2, (saturated with oxygen still) cyanobacteria produce oxygen, water cannot contain it, escapes into the air compartment above the water, which is fed to a piston

Well then,,since the top is sealed off,contained,so to say,an easy to blow up balloon,could give you Pressure,,with a very sensitive check valve on the inlet of the balloon a specific point would be reached,
that would equal the output of co2 being injected plus the rate of the bacteria appetite.How am I doing so far?
And since we have algae on top(more o2),,light for growth will be needed.Temperature controlled also.
ie:The piston must produce enough energy to cycle thru 24 hours,and repeat.

A good thought experiment.Interesting.
Thank You.
Joe in Texas

onthecuttingedge2005

it is not about just thinking inside and or outside the box, it is about pulling the box apart and dissecting it completely and the examining it to its fullest extent.

mr_bojangles

@Judges, yep thats the gist

theoretically CO2 would only need to be added to the water, as the O2 saturated water could be recycled,

large scale would be interesting, considering our only input would be a supply of CO2

all this under the uncertain assumption this is plausible

mainly i was wondering if anyone has ever heard of any attempts at extracting oxygen from plants or bacteria

seems cheap enough, cyanobacteria is in almost every lake, anyone with a cup could steal some

what if we forced an algal bloom in an indoor pool with a clear/greenhouse roof, with previously mentioned restriction being enforced upon the bacteria

hey, if this works maybe it could get us funding for a real PMM

haha

the name of this topic is all too fitting

edit ::::::::to add

it reminds me of landfill gas, possibly this could be an alternative, green algae is fairly hearty, and local strains of bacteria could be used for optimum location

also, water would only need to be cycled one time, maybe less, in a 24 hour time span

which means collectively our "balloon" might fire off a decent amount of times in one day
"If at first you don't succeed, try, try again. Then quit. There's no point in being a damn fool about it." 
-WC Fields

Judges

it is not about just thinking inside and or outside the box, it is about pulling the box apart and dissecting it completely and the examining it to its fullest extent.

of course it is.I agree completely with you.Perhaps there exist boxes inside boxes.I favor the Quantum Theory that,likens the universe to a sink of soap suds.Each bubble connecting to the next.Then we start quantifying the bubbles that don't connect,,
entanglement of the ones that do. This is theorizing,
naturally,,,but still its abstract and not concrete.

I remember reading somewhere in the Book,,"He made all things that were,and all things that were not"
What in the world could that mean?
I have no idea.(well maybe a very small,small idea)
It is for the likes of the people who haunt these forums,searching for the "things created that were not"
Under "created that were not" you could put radio,rockets,and the International Space Station.

So this leaves us with utterly no bonds other than
what we impose on our own thoughts.

This Forum,addresses this admirably well.
This forum's moderator and members(new AND old)
make up this idea pool.

It is up to you and I and every one reading this
message,to use,contribute,explain,discuss,
reject(painless if possible),,any and all ideas.

The Archives of this place must be huge,there, may be the answer we seek, there,over looked.Perhaps.
Something new added to something previously discussed.I DO know there are many,many,hours
reading of some really great thoughts in this vault.With,admittedly,some not so great endings.

But,my,my,my,isn't  It exciting when it is happening..

Brought to you by the Owner,of this Forum,Stefan.

The freedom to post your idea, and solicit response,whenever and how ever you like.
THIS is what fascinates me.A common ground,
BETWEEN what is and what is not ,yet.

YAWN,Good-night,Guys
almost 2 in the morning.
out of here for now.
Joe in Texas
(I apologize to any one who may be offended by any of my words)