Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

A rolling cylinder and piezos

Started by Rapadura, March 03, 2010, 10:06:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DreamThinkBuild

QuoteI think it's a good idea! I guess this thing can oscillate for a quite good time before completely stopping, no?

Friction of the fulcrum, springs and ball will stop it eventually. Simulations show it run for 3 or 4 cycles with all friction on, sometimes more when the spring settings are lower but more chaotic. The springs could possibly be replaced with magnets but would interfere with the steel ball, unless a heavy acrylic ball is used instead.

QuoteIf the rolling surface is covered with piezos, the weight of ball will constantly deform the piezos, and that will create electricity...

In the sim it's a heavy steel ball so it should work at activating the piezos as long as the surface remains flat.

QuoteWe just need to know if, after the system stops completely, the stored electricity in a bank of capacitors is enough to push the ball until one of the two ends of the device (left end or right end), in order to make it oscillate for as long as in the first attempt.

That is the real challenge. I've attached a small video of it, this is with air friction turned off. This simulates what it would look like if you could pulse a small coil/magnet near/attached to the end of the beam to keep it in oscillation.

I can't post the 340k video because the max attachment size is 300k.  ::)

DreamThinkBuild

Sorry for the double post. Here is the video(flash format .flv) in a 2 part .rar file.

Is there no way to re-edit to add attachments?

onthecuttingedge2005

Quote from: Rapadura on March 03, 2010, 10:07:01 PM
Sorry, forgot the image. Here it is:

do you see the incline? the incline only has as much kinetic energy as the highest point over time, a longer incline means that the object will roll slower over time, it doesn't contain anymore kinetic energy than the very height of incline.

a height of 1 meter with a falling incline of 1 foot has the same kinetic energy as a height of 1 meter with an incline of 1 mile. the difference is the rate of fall over time. the rate of fall is divided up.

if an object falls at 1 Newton straight down from 3 meters up it will have the same kinetic equivalent of an object falling at an incline of 1 mile who's height started at 1 meter up.

a lot of people are fooled by this illusion of distance over time.

Rapadura

But Jerry, when we are talking about piezos, we just need something rolling over the piezos, at any speed, to deform the piezos and generate electricity. Speed will not be important, we just need the "something" to deform a large amount of piezos. The larger the amount of piezos that are deformed, more electricity we can store in a capacitors bank. That's why I think it could be interesting to make the "something" travels the greater possible distance.

Rapadura

@DreamThinkBuild

Nice videos. But, the ball escapes from the device at the end? How could we prevent that?