Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Bruce's Discovery, Tesla's Missing Link for his Unipolar Generator!

Started by Bruce_TPU, March 21, 2010, 07:22:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bruce_TPU

Quote from: Airstriker on March 22, 2010, 09:10:51 AM
If you are not familiar with unipolar generator you should read also this:

http://www.physics.umd.edu/lecdem/outreach/QOTW/arch11/q218unipolar.pdf

What you will find interesting there is the fact, that it works by just having a rotating magnet only. No copper disc needed. But still Lenz law applies. So I'm no really sure your idea with pancake coil will work. But give it a try if you like.

Hi Airstriker,

A very interesting PDF you posted!  It also confirms a conversation that I had with a friend, last night.  It was mentioned that if a bulb is attached to a copper plate (coil in my case) to rotate with said plate, it will not light!  It is in the wrong "time reference frame".  It will only produce a flow of electrons that are usable, if another "reference frame" (brushes, etc, not moving..) are drawing off the current stream.

I have been doing some thought experiments and think that perhaps "canceling" Lenz is not what Tesla was after with his unipolar generator, but rather, making Lenz law work in his favor... The more I think on this, the more likely it seems.

But how could he do this, one might ask.  Well, I really think I will find my experiments will bear out the following...That a Tesla pancake coil, laid in the proper direction, and spun (CCW) that the potential should travel from the inside to the outside following the spirals.  This Lenz production of magnetic fields could then actually "add" to the spin of the unipolar generator, perhaps, as crazy as it sounds to the point of self excitation.  (wouldn't that be a hoot!  LOL)

I found on page 10 of Tesla's Unipolar Generator Notes, an interesting passage that denotes the exact description as I gave above.  Tesla's words are now reinforcing this thought experiment.  (words pictured below)

On another note, I think that I have come up with three differant ideas for taking power off of the coil(s)  One way, I really like is a bit ingenious if I say so myself.  And one way is a bit old fashioned, but will work.  And the last way is not my own original idea, but is unique and would make an interesting experiment.  All Three pictured below.

Idea 3 is interesting because the bearings can be rotates as a homopolar generator also...and may add to the field?  Experimentation will tell, but just thought ideas for now to rough in my designs, and ideas.

Cheers,

Bruce

1.  Lindsay's Stack TPU Posted Picture.  All Wound CCW  Collectors three turns and HORIZONTAL, not vertical.

2.  3 Tube amps, sending three frequency's, each having two signals, one in-phase & one inverted 180 deg, opposing signals in each collector (via control wires). 

3.  Collector is Magnetic Loop Antenna, made of lamp chord wire, wound flat.  Inside loop is antenna, outside loop is for output.  First collector is tuned via tuned tank, to the fundamental.  Second collector is tuned tank to the second harmonic (component).  Third collector is tuned tank to the third harmonic (component)  Frequency is determined by taking the circumference frequency, reducing the size by .88 inches.  Divide this frequency by 1000, and you have your second harmonic.  Divide this by 2 and you have your fundamental.  Multiply that by 3 and you have your third harmonic component.  Tune the collectors to each of these.  Input the fundamental and two modulation frequencies, made to create replicas of the fundamental, second harmonic and the third.

4.  The three frequency's circulating in the collectors, both in phase and inverted, begin to create hundreds of thousands of created frequency's, via intermodulation, that subtract to the fundamental and its harmonics.  This is called "Catalyst".

5.  The three AC PURE sine signals, travel through the amplification stage, Nonlinear, producing the second harmonic and third.  (distortion)

6.  These signals then travel the control coils, are rectified by a full wave bridge, and then sent into the output outer loop as all positive pulsed DC.  This then becomes the output and "collects" the current.

P.S.  The Kicks are harmonic distortion with passive intermodulation.  Can't see it without a spectrum analyzer, normally unless trained to see it on a scope.

Airstriker

The idea 2 doesn't really make much sense as you will have the same potential on all of the brushes (all on top ring and all on lower ring) and you will end up only with additional friction because of the additional brushes.

gravityblock

The pancake coil or the division of the disc into spirals is only needed if the magnetic field of the magnets do not completely cover the entire disc.  In Tesla's own words on page A-23 of http://www.andrijar.com/teslahom/teslahom.pdf he says, "If the poles do not cover the disc completely on both sides, then, of course, unless the disc be properly subdivided, the machine will be very inefficient".

Look at figure 1, 2, and 3 while taking note how the poles of the magnets being illustrated do not cover the entire disc.  He's talking about Eddy currents here, because the poles aren't covering the entire disc between the rim and the axis.  If a copper disc is sandwiched between two axially magnetized magnets, and the copper disc is the same diameter of the magnets so the poles cover the entire disc, then the Eddy currents Tesla is referring to is no longer an issue and we don't need to worry about properly subdividing the disc or using a pancake coil.

He then, goes on and talks about how the Eddy currents could demagnetize the field.  We don't have this problem today, because our magnets are so much superior to the magnets of his day.  Also, to think that the Eddy currents could magnetize and re-enforce the field to self-excite the dynamo, especially after eliminating these Eddy currents, by subdividing the disc, using a pancake coil, or having the disc and magnets to be of the same diameter is total nonsense.

I do believe the HPG has OU properties, but we must eliminate the counter torque.  Increasing the radii of the disc and magnets will increase the output power to the 4th power while the input power only increases to the square thereof.  The problem is the counter torque also increases proportionally.  The Eddy currents is not the counter torque we need to overcome.  The counter torque we need to overcome is the HPG also acts as a HPM that works against the rotation of the system, which kills the OU properties.  Defeating Lenz is a must in any system.  There is an easy way to test this.  If it can run as a generator, but can't run as a motor.....then we have success.

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.

Paul-R

Quote from: Airstriker on March 23, 2010, 11:40:54 AM
The idea 2 doesn't really make much sense as you will have the same potential on all of the brushes (all on top ring and all on lower ring) and you will end up only with additional friction because of the additional brushes.
I think the idea of multiple brushes is to share out the current
which can be exceptionally high, the voltage being very low.

gravityblock

Quote from: Paul-R on March 23, 2010, 08:02:30 PM
I think the idea of multiple brushes is to share out the current
which can be exceptionally high, the voltage being very low.

Having multiple brushes will increase the current.  We don't won't this, since the system is already a low voltage, high current system due to it having a low resistance.  When you add brushes, then you are adding more paths for the current to flow, which will lower the resistance even further in the system.

In a pancake coil, you only need one brush around the entire rim and an additional brush for the axis.  The brush around the entire rim and axis will always provide a contact point for the pancake coil, but it must be looked at as only being one large brush instead of having multiple brushes (the ends of the pancake coil will only be making contact with the brush at only one specific point at any given time). 

There is only one path for the current to flow in a pancake coil.  In a solid disc, then adding additional brushes will add additional paths for the current to flow and will increase the current.

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.