Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

PC-Soundcard-based oscilloscope ...

Started by DeepCut, April 04, 2010, 10:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeepCut

Hi.

I am currently using a soundcard as a scope :

Hardware setup :

http://www.ladyada.net/library/equipt/diyaudioprobe.html

Software :

http://www.zeitnitz.de/Christian/scope_en

I will get a real scope but in the meantime i have a question.

I am trying to use my 'scope' to read the RPM of a magnetic-stator/rotor setup.

I am putting the 'probe' on a hookup wire that gets pulsed with a charge every time the reed-switch closes.

I was hoping that the frequency read-out from the scope (divided by the number of poles) would give me the RPM but it seems to fluctuate a fair bit and i know the RPM is not fluctuating that much.

Is this due to noisy PC electronics, does anyone have any experience with this poor-man's scope ?

Thanks.

DeepCut

now i've blown the mic input on two soundcards, onward and upward ;+}

pese

i am workinking since years with tis.
you must not overload the input.
eventually limitimg with serie resistor or voltage divuder
gp
Skype Member: pesetr (daily 21:00-22:00 MEZ (Berlin) Like to discussing. German English Flam's French. Special knowledges in "electronic area need?
ask by messey, will help- so i can...

DeepCut

Quote from: pese on April 05, 2010, 06:56:43 PM
i am workinking since years with tis.
you must not overload the input.
eventually limitimg with serie resistor or voltage divuder
gp

Thanks pese. I am using a potentiometer and a 47mF cap but still blew the mic input, not sure why as i am new to electronics.

pese

Quote from: DeepCut on April 05, 2010, 07:27:06 PM
Thanks pese. I am using a potentiometer and a 47mF cap but still blew the mic input, not sure why as i am new to electronics.
try to use an serie resistor 1meg  (100k) between pot (slider) and input to card.
be sure thas briund is also connected tocard (otherwise it is try to have problems)
Use shilded (like coax) cables from pot to the card-input
pese
Skype Member: pesetr (daily 21:00-22:00 MEZ (Berlin) Like to discussing. German English Flam's French. Special knowledges in "electronic area need?
ask by messey, will help- so i can...