Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Electricity is not a form of energy

Started by shimondoodkin, April 05, 2010, 07:09:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sandor

Just because I like to play devil's advocate to piss people off, I will argue against your position. You claim that electricity may convey energy but it is not itself a form of energy, and according to you, electrons are the basic "unit" of electricity.

Well I've got news for you. Anything that has mass, has energy. Mass is a form of energy. So if you say electrons ARE electricity, then electricity is a form of energy. Of course, turning electrons from energy-containing particles of matter into, say, electromagnetic radiation, is another matter. But the thing is, just gathering a nonzero amount of charge of the same polarity from being infinitely diffuse to all being relatively in one place REQUIRES energy, because that charge is of like polarity and so exerts a self-repulsive force that tends to force itself apart. Some say that the source of rest mass OF an electron is in fact the energy needed to force the basic unit of charge, the charge of an electron, into a ball equal in size to that of an electron. Which means among other things, that an electron is much bigger than, say, a muon, which has the same charge as, but 100 times the mass of, an electron. It takes more energy to force the charge of a muon down to a smaller size and so it has more mass. And thus a proton, being more massive and also having the same charge, would be smaller still, except that it is comprised of other particles that relate to each other with forces other than the electromagnetic force.

But also your view that the basic unit of electricity is an electron is a flawed and oversimplistic idea. An electron is, by itself, no more a single unit of electricity, than is, say, a single carbon atom, by itself, a single unit of a mind. You can build a living brain out of a collection of carbon, nitrogen, oxygen, hydrogen, sulfur, calcium, phosphorus atoms and potassium, sodium, and chloride ions, but a single atom of any such substance is not a single indivisible unit of "a soul". Electricity is not just the electrons themselves, but their interactions with each other, and with the electric and magnetic fields and electromagnetic waves they generate. Not just the electrons themselves. If your idea was correct, the field of electrical engineering would be a very simple one: the study of the electron.

nightlife

OMG, ofcourse electricity is a form of energy. Everything is a form of energy because everything is made up of energy. Nothing is solid and everything is vibrant. Vibrance is energy which is always being created and does eventually fade away, It can however be canceled out and or even create new energy when introduced to other vibrance. Vibrance is also  resistance and therefore everything is not only a form of energy but it also a form of resistance.

Tito L. Oracion

Quote from: nightlife on May 26, 2010, 08:40:12 AM
OMG, ofcourse A is a form of energy. Everything is a form of energy because everything is made up of energy. Nothing is solid and everything is vibrant. Vibrance is energy which is always being created and does eventually fade away, It can however be canceled out and or even create new energy when introduced to other vibrance. Vibrance is also  resistance and therefore everything is not only a form of energy but it also a form of resistance.

No!  ;D

Electricity is like water when it is in balance state it doesn't have energy but if you will try to move it and make it fall down then it can rotate a turbine right? there the energy was created!. so therefore if electricity is in balance state therfore it is in a discharge state and if you can separate the charge then it will seek for balance and as it moves it produces energy right? 

Pirate88179

Quote from: Tito L. Oracion on May 28, 2010, 05:04:28 AM
No!  ;D

Electricity is like water when it is in balance state it doesn't have energy but if you will try to move it and make it fall down then it can rotate a turbine right? there the energy was created!. so therefore if electricity is in balance state therfore it is in a discharge state and if you can separate the charge then it will seek for balance and as it moves it produces energy right?

No, I disagree. (respectfully, of course)  You can not create energy.  In your example, if you make the water "fall down" to run a turbine, first it had to fall up, or be placed higher than the turbine and the energy required to raise the water will equal the same amount of energy you get out of the turbine, minus the losses.  The trick to water turbines on rivers is that the sun evaporated the water for "free" and raised it for you.  (solar energy) It rains and fills the rivers and then you run the turbine.

Any energy device discovered here on OU.com will perhaps tap into other unknown energy sources but, energy still will have not been created.

Bill
See the Joule thief Circuit Diagrams, etc. topic here:
http://www.overunity.com/index.php?topic=6942.0;topicseen

Tito L. Oracion

Quote from: Pirate88179 on May 28, 2010, 05:29:40 AM
No, I disagree. (respectfully, of course)  You can not create energy.  In your example, if you make the water "fall down" to run a turbine, first it had to fall up, or be placed higher than the turbine and the energy required to raise the water will equal the same amount of energy you get out of the turbine, minus the losses.  The trick to water turbines on rivers is that the sun evaporated the water for "free" and raised it for you.  (solar energy) It rains and fills the rivers and then you run the turbine.

Any energy device discovered here on OU.com will perhaps tap into other unknown A but, energy still will have not been created.

Bill

That is actually what i mean, i just can't explain it very well thank you  ;D