Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

AC frequency conversion ...

Started by DeepCut, April 16, 2010, 09:44:44 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

DeepCut

Hi.

I want to experiment with changing the frequency of power supplied to my desktop spotlight.

I've read up on it a bit and it seems i have to rectify the AC to DC, then invert to AC again. Apparently it can be done without using a transformer.

Can anyone point me to a circuit for this ?

I've searched a lot but not found anything yet.

Thanks if you can help,

Gary :)

DeepCut

Damn the idea i had has already been done.

I read that operating sodium or mercury-based lamps at much higher frequencies than 50 or 60 hertz meant they used 60 percent (or more) less energy.

CFL lamps have mercury in them and an electronic ballast that switches the frequency to 40kHz !

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compact_fluorescent_lamp#Construction

Ah well ...

pese

the lamps will not comes brighter from the higher frequencies.!
The higher Frequencies are used to hold the transformers, chokes (ballast)
ferrit-cores and numbers of copper windings so small as possible.
Pese
Skype Member: pesetr (daily 21:00-22:00 MEZ (Berlin) Like to discussing. German English Flam's French. Special knowledges in "electronic area need?
ask by messey, will help- so i can...