Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Gulf Oil Spill - new record

Started by 4Tesla, May 01, 2010, 08:49:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rosphere

Quote from: Rosphere on May 19, 2010, 07:25:11 AM
This oil spill may bring about a paradigm shift in the hearts and minds of already capable people who might actually start to help us with our OSFE quest.  Winning the OU Prize would be a silver lining to this growing dark oil cloud.  We can hope...

Could this be it?
Quote from: POTUS
8:12 p.m. ET: For decades, efforts toward a more progressive energy policy have been blocked, he says. "We cannot consign our children to this future," he says. "The time to embrace a clean energy future is now."

8:13 p.m. ET: He calls for a national movement to embrace a new energy policy for the country. "The tragedy unfolding on our coast is the most painful and powerful reminder yet that the time to embrace a clean energy future is now."

8:14 p.m. ET: Calls on the people to "seize the moment." There are "some who believe we cannot afford" a new policy. But he says it will create jobs and grow the economy in the future. It's time to end "our addiction to fossil fuels."

8: 16 pm. ET: He says he will not tolerate inaction on this front.
http://content.usatoday.com/communities/theoval/post/2010/06/obama-speaks-from-the-oval-office-on-the-oil-spill/1

We shall see...

EDIT: Hey Obama, give Steven Mark a call.  I'll hold my breath and wait.  ::)

Cloxxki

Perhaps this is yet another approach on the "tax-them-for-SOMEthing" scheme.

They tried global warming, that didn't fly, people started thinking.
So, they'll make a big mess, to engage people in worrying about their planet. Tax payers are bound to pay, somehow.

Based on prior research I saw quoted, drilling in that particular area of the Gulf cannot be done safely, due to mud volcano activity.
RED oil smearing wildlife washing on the coast? Name one red oil disaster prior to this one. And why can't we get to the coast to properly document? The US gov says BP has been naughty, right? Right? Right...

sparks

If all they have to do is handle what I see on the government mandated tv then why dont they just lower a large steel inverted funnel over it and stop fucking around.  The probable answer is that they arent into transporting this volume of polluted crude.  The seawater in the product is problematic.  You cant just pump it into the still you have to pretreat it.  I doubt such a facility even exists to handle this kind of volume.
Think Legacy
A spark gap is cold cold cold
Space is a hot hot liquid
Spread the Love

Cloxxki

Quote from: sparks on June 16, 2010, 07:26:32 AM
    If all they have to do is handle what I see on the government mandated tv then why dont they just lower a large steel inverted funnel over it and stop fucking around.  The probable answer is that they arent into transporting this volume of polluted crude.  The seawater in the product is problematic.  You cant just pump it into the still you have to pretreat it.  I doubt such a facility even exists to handle this kind of volume.
If it is a volcano pressing from under the whatever-it-is stream of material...no bucket is going to be heavy enough to keep it contained. A matter of waiting until the pressure equalized.
Don't forget the pressure the ocean is already exerting at the depth.

the_big_m_in_ok

Quote from: the_big_m_in_ok on June 14, 2010, 07:50:48 PM
http://www.poynter.org/column.asp?id=2&aid=184196

The estimators have increased the minimum amount from 798,000 gals./day to what you see now.  I prefer the estimate:
http://www.guardian.co.uk/environment/2010/jun/12/bp-oil-spill-gulf-mexico
~= 1,600,000 gals./day
--Lee
That was before I saw this:
http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/us_gulf_spill_flow

You might adjust the real time meter on the first line above to this initial reading:  2,500,000 gals./day

--Lee
"Truth comes from wisdom and wisdom comes from experience."
--Valdemar Valerian from the Matrix book series

I'm merely a theoretical electronics engineer/technician for now, since I have no extra money for experimentation, but I was a professional electronics/computer technician in the past.
As a result, I have a lot of ideas, but no hard test results to back them up---for now.  That could change if I get a job locally in the Bay Area of California.