Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

yo-yo's, and wizzers!!

Started by helicoil, May 10, 2010, 04:47:04 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

helicoil

Just posting a few very very stupid ideas.

yo-yos, flicking the yo-yo downwards they effortlessly come back up, there is a limit of the flick were the yo-yo wont come completely back up, they only needed a small flick to make it back up, and from memory if you lowered your hand as the yo-yo came back up it would rotate back to the top( "unsure, when just dropping it with no flick").
  incorporate this into a wheel, yo-yo drops, it reaches the lowest point when wheel is at 3:00, creates a little pull on the wheel, now starts to come back up somewhere between 3:00 to 6:00, as it spins up it pulls on the wheel, so wheel is rotating down (similar to lowering your hand),allowing the yo-yo to come back to the start position.

Thinking of yo-yos reminds me of an unusual, dangerous toy, that was sure to blind you, if it exploded while spinning.
Don't know what they were called.
Could easily make it with a big button, it consisted of the big button and a piece of string which went through the 2 holes in the button.
  place a knot on the open end of the string, and hey presto you have a thingamajig that will rotate at very high RPM.
using both hands you hold the string at each end with a finger in the ends of the loop.
  Now hula hoop the button to get the string winding up a little.
now when pulling on the string the button starts to accelerate and passes the neutral point of the string and continues to reverse wind the string more times than the original number of windings it had started with,
it reaches a limit, stops rotating, your hands have been brought in a little closer as the string wound up, now pull on the string again and it reverses,the same procedure repeats,
repeat this pulling and relaxing until your hands are moving with a rapid in and out movement, which puts a huge smile on your face, The loud whizzing sound, the speed, there was an explosive feeling of excitement in the air, there really was in some cases as the device exploded in front of there amazed, brightly lit eyes, probably at higher rpm than an 4" angle grinder.
(later in life someone mentioned to me that those devices rotated at 10s of thousands of rpm, Not sure if this was true, i believed it as you'd be pulling and relaxing your hands a few times a second (""this came handy for other exciting purposes later in life"")and probably had hundreds of knots or spins each pull, and as you got more daring this increased the longer the string).

you can feel the power of these devices, especially in your fingers as the string gets so tight it just about cuts them off.

They were banned, easy to make one using a yo-yo string.

ideas above are so not half baked, there not even on the menu.

Nihilanth

And here I almost thought you beat me to posting my idea. (Which was partly inspired by a yo-yo)
"I think it's better to have ideas [than beliefs.] You can change an idea. Changing a belief is trickier. Life should malleable and progressive; working from idea to idea permits that. Beliefs anchor you to certain points and limit growth; new ideas can't generate. Life becomes stagnant." - Rufus the 13 Apostle.

helicoil

wasn't a serious post, though did think about the way yo-yos behave when performing tricks.
yo-yos  have good acceleration as they spin upward, with the correct little flick flys right up over head similar to a pendulum, but at speed. (a rollin in and out pendulum).
thought of a type of yo-yo system to carry the lower weight back to the top of a wheel,
using the unbalanced rotation of the wheel to spin a geared yo-yo readying it to reapeat the action required to flick back to the top of the wheel, on a geared rod /arm pendulum.
short lived idea,and as usual the ideas turn into numerous other ideas side tracking me, (sometimes draw 50 pages of rough systems/ideas a day), if i stayed on this for a week would have hundreds of concepts..

been trying to create gravity magnet wheels since the late 80s, probably 1000s of ideas , problem is usually when i think of a concept, it turns into many other ideas.
Makes it difficult to focus on the 1 system, and since i'm hopeless at physics most principles are never tried,
have 3 systems that look promising, a pendulum type, an underwater system which looks the most promising,
as the system used, that creates the work needed to unbalance the wheel, is balanced during the rotation, which i believe can only be done underwater as it uses gravity and flotation at the same time,
Would be slow and need a huge water tank. Wave and ocean current generators would be more efficient.

The last idea is similar to a wheel posted on this site, the abeling wheel, the shape of the slots caught my eye, this has motivated me to review an old idea,
this is what i spend most of my time on at the moment.
doubt its the same idea as abelings, my system would need an extra weight for each abeling has in his patent, its this extra weights action that performs the work needed to lift the weight.
the majority of the slots, and ramp are, in a way basically trajectories of the weights, not actual slots the weights roll in.

Judges

Just  today I saw the word "abeling " used in a diagram,,,schematic,,,can't for the life of me remember.
If it comes to me,,,I will post it.
Joe in Texas