Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

This device is the real self-running overunity?

Started by Arthurs, May 17, 2010, 03:45:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

helicoil

O.k.,
The big ? is, does it stutter due to the device sitting on magnetic bearings or levitating on  a magnet, and then feeling the the back emf of the coil, thus causing a wobble or imbalance,
if its the back emf, i thought it was designed to avoid this effect.
If its simply due to an unbalanced rotor, a proper balancing would solve this and be more efficient.

ch ch che ch ch chee chee cheer cheer cheers

Airstriker

I'm looking at this thread and cannot believe my eyes. You guys can destroy even the perfect designs. You don't listen to people, telling they are wrong without even making some experiments. This is not a simple machine but you guys are making this a NASA project ;] I'm working on this project for over 2 month now. What I've done so far is just thinking about it and ordering materials for the prototype. So do the same. Think. Don't write those nonsenses. As for me, I will not write anything here about this thing because you will simply destroy all the thought that's behind it - as it's done all over this forum. If it works, you will see it. If it doesn't, I will also write about it. Remember only one thing: materials used here are VERY important. And forget about magnetic bearings.

gyulasun

Hi Sprocket,

What Th3Generat0r shows with the Alu-magnet test is that the eddy current induced in the Alu (by the changing magnetic flux of the diametrically magnetized magnet) also creates a magnetic field that works against the magnet's flux, in fact fact repels it, hence a certain distance, a gap is created between the Alu and the magnet's body. So mechanical friction is none but there is 'magnetic' friction as you also noticed, which eventually slowly breaks the rotor's rotation.

There are better magnetic bearing solutions which do not use Alu or other nonmagnetic metals for keeping the distance but use other magnets instead in repel mode. Here are some videos on magnetic bearings, from the very simple towards the more involved:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=L5NrqN6gDFA
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W9uYhZYOEPo
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_vzzbxMIITE

The last video above shows the best case when the whole rotor levitates, as the case seems to be for Th3Generat0r too, and his inducing magnets also has magnetic bearings.

One  notice on magnetic bearings: because of the extremely small residual friction they have (even with eddy current breaks) it is very difficult to observe by the naked eye if the rotor starts decelerating in a certain setup or just keeps its speed or start slowly accelerating. So a dependable tacho meter for checking the RPM of the rotor is strongly recommended, otherwise the experimenter can easily "amaze" himself (and others) by making false conclusions.

rgds,  Gyula

Quote from: Sprocket on May 21, 2010, 07:41:47 PM
Just wondering how many of the guys replicating this and reporting failure are actually using magnetic bearings - none I bet!  My limited experience playing with these taught me that while they are a b1tch to set up, 'normal' bearings seem stuck in treacle by comparison! So if there is an 'effect' here, I don't think normal bearing will do.

I have been playing for a while with motor-driven magnet wheels, mainly as a means of seeing if various stator/rotor magnet configurations would supply an appreciable boost by monitoring the motor current.  So this caught my attention.

On first viewing I thought just the rotating magnets on the rotor used magnetic bearings but it appears that the whole rotor is levitated as well - that's one big wheel!  His video with the drill, magnet and aluminium block was particularly intriguing, if what he claims here is for real then true magnetic bearings are simple to make - for a vertical rotor, 2 opposing magnets, one above one below, the top one encircled by a fixed loose-fit circle of aluminium to keep it in place.  Once the revs build up, magnet should move away from aluminium and spin freely.  At least according to Th3Generat0r - my own playtime has shown eddy currents will come into play, though they were far weaker than what I was expecting.  So maybe even with this drag, the performance could be far better than normal bearings.

So, can anyone confirm/refute what Th3Generat0r says about the magnet/aluminium?

gauschor

@Airstriker:
Wait.... you first suggest we must listen exactly to what the inventor said (which is e.g. using magnet bearings) and now you say we can forget the magnet bearings  ??? If you have more detailed instructions on what parts are critical and which not, feel free to add in :)

Airstriker

Just use the "B" magnet configuration and don't use magnetic bearings. Magnetic bearings are not stable (at least not this type) so it's just stupid to use them. You're also missing one VERY important fact, that's even more crucial than minimizing lenz law effect here and this is why this design is so good and promising. Hope you will get it. If you do, I have some vidoes for you;>