Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New LaFonte Compensating Coil Motor/Generator

Started by Butch LaFonte, June 07, 2010, 01:33:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Butch LaFonte

Joe Newman describes and illustrates in his book an amazing principle. Certain aspects of it have always amazed me, but one aspect bothered me. That aspect was that it did not work as an overunity device. I have thought about it for years and I believe one element added to it will make it work. First, here is an example of the principle.
If you power a coil with 100 volts DC and the resistance of the wire in the coil is such that 100 milliamps of current flows in the coil you will get a magnetic field of a certain strength and size around the coil.
If you increase the size of the coil thousands of times, but you increase the wire gauge so that 100 milliamps of current flows in the coil just like the first coil, you get a magnetic field strength millions of times the size and strength of the first coil, but the power being supplied to the coil is the same as the first coil.
Where is the additional field strength coming from? The atoms in the copper wire are the source of the field I believe. The voltage/current is just a catalyst for the magnetic field formation.
Here is the big flaw with this principle. You may have a huge magnetic field, but if you try to put it to use, the many turns of wire and the field strength will cause a counter emf against the input voltage. The huge field strength now works against you.
I have found a way to solve this problem. If you place a second coil of the same size and type in series with the first coil but isolated from the first coils magnetic field it can act to counter any back emf produced by the first coil interacting with a permanent magnet or ferromagnetic material and performing work. The way it does it is that it senses a drop in voltage/current from the working coil and the result is that it's magnetic field starts to collapse and this collapse induces a high voltage pulse in the opposite direction of the working coils back emf. This equal but opposite pulse keeps the voltage current near stable and the extremely large magnetic field of the working coil can be put to use.
I have attached drawings to illustrate the principle. The green arrows are the coils EMF.
I can't help but imagine two super conducting coils 50 feet high powered by ten D cell batteries, but able to lift thousands of pounds through hundreds of cycles. The two coils will need to be "tuned" to each other, but that is an elementary problem.
I will be testing my theory and keep you posted.
Thanks,
Butch LaFonte

e2matrix

Fascinating ideas!  Is there a way this could be put to use in a motor?  I don't think I had ever come across that same power use concept with bigger wire/more winds but it sounds worth investigating if the back EMF can be controlled with your idea.

Butch LaFonte

Quote from: e2matrix on June 07, 2010, 01:23:58 PM
Fascinating ideas!  Is there a way this could be put to use in a motor?  I don't think I had ever come across that same power use concept with bigger wire/more winds but it sounds worth investigating if the back EMF can be controlled with your idea.
It could be used as a motor or generator. What the principle does is turn the copper wire into a permanent magnet during the power on phase. Lots of people don't understand that counter emf has two meanings, one is that when a coil's field collapses the counter emf produced is attempting to stop the collapse by inducing a voltage in the same direction as the applied voltage. When a coil's field does work by attracting a ferromagnetic material or a magnet, the emf produced in the coil is in the opposite direction of the applied voltage. the operative word is "counter". The emf always tries to counter what change is taking place. The two opposite emf forces can be used to cancel each other out if both are in the same circuit. This allows the applied voltage to continue more or less uninterrupted, as if no additional work was taken out of the power supply.
Butch

broli

This concept is quite sound. It's much easier as you said to view it in super conducting form and linear flux increase. If the flux is linearly increased on one coil it will produce a constant emf trying to lower the current, when the current is lowered constantly the other coil will produce a constant emf to keep the current going. So in an ideal case you can cancel the lowering of the current but end up with works done on the magnetic rotor.

But there is another interesting thing about that. If you attract an iron piece, not only are you doing mechanical work but are you increasing the magnetic energy by increasing the inductance. Using a PM would not make this happen. Because the field could be collapsed giving you your already stored energy plus the new energy from the iron piece's magnetic field. From the coil's point of view the iron is just a PM that's getting closer, and everything will happen as you describe, but the extra bonus is the free mechanical and magnetic energy you get after you collapse the field.

SkyWatcher123

Hi folks, Hi Butch, now that is a great idea. I hope it works out as intended. I gave it some thought and here is how i'm understanding it. I dont think just attracting ferromagnetic material would have any counter effects anyway, but it may help with the collapse side of it. So i think the idea is, if in a motor config. we input say 10 volts into the series coils and if the permanent magnet induces 5 volts counter emf into the series circuit then 5 volts is available from the
non-working coil to counter act 5 volts of counter emf, leaving us with 5 volts usable input. Which if that is the case is better than what Peter L. found in his tests that 80% of the input voltage was countered and that gave a motor prony brake efficiency in the 70 to 80 percent range and right off the bat makes your design very efficient. Now if you kept the rpm's lower, you could probably get that down to 20% counter emf, which would make the motor more efficient and the collapse recovery would make that even more efficient. Not sure if that is actually how it may work out since it may all depend on how much is induced in the working coil side and i may be misunderstanding what your intending, but i have hopes this works well.
peace love light
Tyson :)