Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Working Air Battery

Started by lasersaber, June 08, 2010, 11:39:33 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

jeanna

Quote from: PeteIdl4 on June 16, 2010, 01:19:43 AM

So now i have redone the Batteries only this time i decided to add a bit of baking soda to the mixture instead of just salt, and it got me a good jump in current. I was able to light some LEDs off humidity this time around, and by wiring two together and adding about a ML of water to each I was able to light a fluorescent using a Jeanna's Light JT circuit. So I thought that was pretty neat and i will leave you guys with a picture to go with this, and keep up the good work everyone.

-Pete

Nice work, Pete!

I have one like that and I was also struggling to make it do much.
So far 2 leds in series but not fully bright is the best I have done.
I can get them fully bright, but then they are only on half the time about 15 seconds on then 15 seconds off, so that won't do.
I guess it is time to add some magnesium sulphate to the cotton to see if that ups the amps as well as salt or baking soda.

thank you!
=====
@billmehess,
The studies are still incomplete, but, with a plant battery, it seems that you will use up around 1.2gr -1.6 gr of magnesium in 8 days with constantly wet soil.
There is a lot more to test, but when it takes a week at a time, the tests go on for a while. But that should give you a place to start.

[1.2gr is around 20 inches and 1.6 is around 30 inches of magnesium ribbon.
And the batteries offered about 1.5mA to 3mA to the circuit.]

thank you,

jeanna

lasersaber

Jeanna,

Is there something in your soil that is acidic?  I cannot imagine what would A your ribbon go so fast.  I have run test batteries at much higher mA currents for weeks on end and not noticed this kind of rapid break down.  Maybe there are fertilizers in you plants soil?  I will have to get a digital scale so that I can do some tests over time.  Maybe the breakdown is so uniform that I just can't detect it by sight.  I am doing a long term test now with the batteries used in my last YouTube video.  I have had them running the flashlight non stop since I made the video.  I have not had to wet them down since I made them and the light is still very bright.

markdansie

@lasersaber
is it the magnesium ribbon that breaks down or do you get a chemical buildup between the graphite and the ribbon?
With your first ones you built how are they holding up?
I have ordered the components now and hope to add to this conversation with some results soon. It takes a while to get parts to me in Australia
Kind Regards
Mark

lasersaber

Quoteis it the magnesium ribbon that breaks down or do you get a chemical buildup between the graphite and the ribbon?

I think I have experienced the chemical build up you speak of on a different design.  Back when I first tried making these I used a copper pipe instead of a carbon rod.  They always worked great right at first but dropped in power rapidly in a very short time.  The power dropped but the mag ribbon seemed to be in fine condition.  It was because of these early experiments that I switched to a carbon core.  Since using the carbon core I have never had this problem.  I have not had any issues with the new design yet.  My original air batteries are still working fine.

jeanna

Quote from: lasersaber on June 16, 2010, 02:49:07 PM
Jeanna,

Is there something in your soil that is acidic?  I cannot imagine what would A your ribbon go so fast.  I have run test batteries at much higher mA currents for weeks on end and not noticed this kind of rapid break down.  Maybe there are fertilizers in you plants soil?  I will have to get a digital scale so that I can do some tests over time.
That is a good plan to get a scale. It helps to have the weight.

Um,
I added dolomite limestone to all but one of mine, so they should not be acidic.
I use something that the mushroom growers use, so there is a lot of organic material in the soil.
I thought it was good.
I mean 1.6gr is a 30 inch piece and it lasted for close to 200 hours running solidly on?

QuoteMaybe the breakdown is so uniform that I just can't detect it by sight.

Yes, in fact most of the time mine are failing in only one spot. If they went uniformly they should last longer and better.
I tried the tape to see if it would hold the mag ribbon together, but it is keeping it too dry, as there is very little output.

QuoteI am doing a long term test now with the batteries used in my last YouTube video.  I have had them running the flashlight non stop since I made the video.  I have not had to wet them down since I made them and the light is still very bright.

This is good to know.
I appreciate knowing how long these are lasting.

Also,
Please tell us if the outside ones are still going?
Or, how long they lasted?

thank you,

jeanna