Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

How to build a gravity wheel.

Started by AB Hammer, June 11, 2010, 01:26:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AB Hammer

Greetings All

This string is to help those who want to build there ideas into gravity wheels. Drawing and simulations are fine but until a real build is done. Your idea will only remain an idea. I am a part of Arrache, a group of private builders. But there are several of open source people out there, and this string is to help give information on how to build a wheel with what you may have available or can purchase.

For example - Most all of test wheels will be of a full axle (the axle goes through the wheel), split axle (two side attached normally on the edges and an single axle on each side but don't need double bearings)  and a single side axle ( A flush to one side axle but the need of two sets of bearings to level the disk or wheel)

More what will be discussed will be. How to build with less friction, and more control of the actions.

Alan
With out a dream, there can be no vision.

Alan

AB Hammer

Bearings for smaller test wheels need to have the grease cleaned out of them and use only a light oil. Larger bearings for larger wheels, can also be done this way but not always necessary.

1st you remove the cover by prying carefully not to dig into the bearing which can cause damage to the guide that hold the bearing balls.

2nd soak into mineral spirits, sloshing and spinning the bearings to clean out the grease.

3rd dry and blow out if you have an air compressor available.

You can also just in some types of bearings, just spray a little WD-40 into the bearings to loosin them up. This is what I like doing with larger bearings for larger wheels. 

Alan

Alan

AB Hammer

How to cut a wheel with a true center.

When using plywood, mdf or many other types. You will want a well centered wheel. I like to use a wood router with a circle guide. Test wheels up to 3 feet. A 1/2 inch hole is what I use. for smaller wheels 1ft or less I use 1/4 or 3/8 holes. Before you cut, make sure you have your 4 corners marked for reference. I learned a trick from Ralph that if you measure square off and mark a cross and drill your center hole you will end up with 4 equal pie sections for references for what ever design you are going to do.

If you are going to try some form of ball/disk wheel, and you need to cut it out of wood. You will want a template for your layout. Scroll saws, jigsaws, and the later rotary side cutters to make your cuts. A router can cut grooves making tracks or you will need a flat surface and you may have to clean it up with files and sandpaper.

For those who have a little spare change. You can go to a toy store and get an erector set, legos, or other builder toys for quick modeling. Never underestimate modeling toys.

Alan

Alan

AB Hammer

If anybody has questions or suggestions please post, I don't have all the answers so please join in. This string is to help everybody. Also to promote build testing for only a build can be used as evidence of a running wheel.

Thanks
Alan

Alan

AB Hammer

Quote from: P-Motion on June 12, 2010, 10:46:08 AM

Alan,
You can take it personal if you like, but I think when people see what I am building, they might build one themelves.

Greetings Jim

If that is what they want to do? That is their choice.
This string is to help with how to build, not what to build. Their are many things that cause problems with the smoothness of operations with wheels, and is open to anybody who wants to add any idea on the how to build.

For instance
If you need a wheel for some basic test. A bicycle wheel can become a very good wheel for some types of test and constructions.

You can show how to build jigs for duplication of parts.

As long as it is just the construction of and references of. even youtube videos and other web sights.

Alan

Alan