Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

New GR Machine, open source 22JUN2010

Started by FICAT10N, June 22, 2010, 08:54:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

broli

1 min in your video and you have already made a fatal assumption. When the secondary fulcrum is locked like you point out that the mass is only acting on the position of the base of the secondary fulcrum. This is your wrong assumption. When the mass is locked it doesn't matter how it's fastened relative to a bigger wheel. The point it acts on will be the point it's real center of mass is sitting at.

But of course I always encourage experimentation, so I hope you can prove me wrong. And luckly for you this is an easy one you can even make with k'nex.

FICAT10N

-----1 min in A and you have already made a fatal assumption. When the secondary fulcrum is locked like you point out that the mass is only acting on the position of the base of the secondary fulcrum. This is your wrong assumption. When the mass is locked it doesn't matter how it's fastened relative to a bigger wheel. The point it acts on will be the point it's real center of mass is sitting at.

But of course I always encourage experimentation, so I hope you can prove me wrong. And luckly for you this is an easy one you can even make with k'nex.-----

I disagree. At the point that the lever is locked down, there is an an amount of force EQUAL to the weight on the right. Thus, the weight is centered on the fulcrum.

broli

Quote from: FICAT10N on June 23, 2010, 02:55:09 PM
-----1 min in A and you have already made a fatal assumption. When the secondary fulcrum is locked like you point out that the mass is only acting on the position of the base of the secondary fulcrum. This is your wrong assumption. When the mass is locked it doesn't matter how it's fastened relative to a bigger wheel. The point it acts on will be the point it's real center of mass is sitting at.

But of course I always encourage experimentation, so I hope you can prove me wrong. And luckly for you this is an easy one you can even make with k'nex.-----

I disagree. At the point that the lever is locked down, there is an an amount of force EQUAL to the weight on the right. Thus, the weight is centered on the fulcrum.

So according to your logic, if the secondary fulcrum was locked, the below attachment shows a perfectly balanced beam because all the weight is acting on the center of the main beam...right?

The reason why I instantly saw your mistake is because I made the same mistake in the past. And I was arrogant about it as well so feel free to lash at me as I did too.

FICAT10N

When the top lever is locked down, the load is balanced and the weight is on the fulcrum. Imagine to people sitting on a seesaw perfectly balanced. In this picture, the lower lever is balanced because the weight is even on both sides. The lever is not locked, contrary to the blue line.

FICAT10N

In this picture, the top lever is locked and the weight of the top lever is balanced on the fulcrum.