Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Make Your Own Machine To Wind Cotton On A Bare Copper Wire for STUBBLEFIELD COIL

Started by electricme, July 07, 2010, 06:02:15 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

FrozenWaterLab

OK -gathering update
I found thread on E-bay
FIVE LARGE CONES WHITE COTTON THREAD QUILTING SERGER
Low bid US $19.99 FREE shipping
Five Large Cones of Cotton Thread for Machine Quilting.  Each of these cones is white and has 2500 meters (2750 yds.) of long staple, 40/3 ply, mercerized 100% cotton thread.  All thread is brand new, high quality and in clear shrink wrap.  Compare to retail prices of over $50.00!

Also found Pair of large Industrial Delrin 8" Pulleys US $12.00 (Steal of a deal)
$11.00 US Postal
For Two  -  8" across x 3" wide,  groove is 1" deep.  Looks like delrin "plastic" - may not be.  This pully has been machined.  On each side is a 1.75" bearing race.
One side appears flat so I can bolt what ever plate is required.

Didn't make it to the scrap yard (50 mi. away) But I will
Gathering square tube from my own heap for frame and the like.

Jim for the wire steadier maybe thread the holder to accept large diameter nylon bolts with a hole drilled for different size wire. worry about scratching. But then you have actual experience.

Quote:
unwind one strand at a time, rolling it up on an empty spool, this takes time

Yah I got 20' Ha-ha ;D ???
Gona try ta make a better way!

So thats just a mockup but looks like you got the concept.
I like those geared motors.
Are you thinking your wheels will give for varied clearance?
(No spring action I could discern)
Skate Board wheels might do the trick.

Lookin good Jim

FrznWtr

electricme

@ FrozenWater
Nice finding, well done.

Quote from: FrozenWaterLab on July 16, 2010, 05:55:31 PM

Jim for the wire steadier maybe thread the holder to accept large diameter nylon bolts with a hole drilled for different size wire. worry about scratching. But then you have actual experience.

Quote:
unwind one strand at a time, rolling it up on an empty spool, this takes time

Yah I got 20' Ha-ha ;D ???
Gona try ta make a better way!

Skate Board wheels might do the trick.

Lookin good Jim

FrznWtr

This is a great idea you have about threadding the holders which guide the wires, and make separate guides drilled to accept the wire sizes, only have to remember to make the internal holes sufficiently large to accept the width of the cotton as well, and a little bit bigger to allow slippage.
If a hole is too small, the wire and cotton will jamb in the hole, then the cotton winds will just pile up into a hill.

The geared motor wheels, yep, thought about this, I bought 2 hard rubber caster mount wheels at the "reject" shop yesterday, but they need to be reduced in circumference by lathe work.
The larger the outside circumference, the faster the wire will be pulled through the machine, the slower you can do this the better up to a point though.

I have already found the speed of the rotating disks alters in RPM, it is effected by temperatures and battery volts, so I need another PWM made up to control this also, I have a few kits here, so no problems about that side of things.

I also found my drive pulley needs to be changed as it is pulling too many amps under load, no problems, it will be done.

You will find you will need to transfer some of your cotton from the large reel onto a smaller bobbin, I intend to make a high speed machine to do this similar to the methods we see on sewing machines.

A Question to you FrznWtr, what should I use to open those two  *.rtfd.zip files? I have tried pkunzip but it is complicated for me, oh if only makers of software could keep it simple to do things without all the bells and whistles that confuse people.

jim

People who succeed with the impossible are mocked by those who say it cannot be done.

FrozenWaterLab

Oh sorry Jim

(rtfd = Thats a tex edit file on an apple)

Nylon Bolt Guide size for, into the shaft after 1st thread layer is wound on, would need to be larger.
(Also thought an plastic pipe mounted to the thread wheel center, with 3 little holes to guide the strands would be very stable.)
Maybe mount one of those sewing machine tensioner thingees between each spool and the hole
(Uh oh I might just have made an enamy of your Misses, Jim please leave her machine alone will ya ;')  :D)

But the first one before thread is wound could be just a bit larger then wire.
The third just before draw tension wheels would have to be larger still for wire and 2 layers of thread.
(Was thinking it might be better to have the drive wheels pushing on the bare wire then pulling on the threaded wire? What do you think) Maybe Both?

Take-up spool should be driven also but with minimal pressure - I would think.
? Do you intend to drive a spooler for your take-up real?
I was thinking of something already made like a deep sea rod type (Might be spendie though) then have to have narrow deep spool. Spool Synked to spooler?

Yah the speed and sinking everything is a real chalange thats why I mentioned having a PWM on the thread wheel driver. Its more control. I'm thinking if the thing can go mabey 1/4 of what it appeared to be doing in your videos I would be real happy. So what if it takes 5-6-7 Hrs to do a roll of wire. I'm on my own deadline Right ;)

Bobbin winding just like the sewing machine right. Ya I had a thought like that.
Every step brings another problem needing another solution right. Maby an attachment on an old sewing machine, Hum ::)
Ya Know yhose Cones are made for the thread to come off at the top to a ring hung over them then to ah couple turns then the feeder arm then the tensioner?
Blast, Im gona have ta take a look at my stitcher. Got a double needle double shuttle Parachute shroud shean in the basement.
FrznWtr
oops files too large
OK I've e-mailed them to myself too change them to J-peg's
Now I'll try posting agine.

FrozenWaterLab

By the way hears the E-bay add link for thread
It has ended but you can find more like it

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=380249716884&ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT#ht_631wt_810

I was woundering if the die for the colored thread would reduce the insulating quality?
Also, might it be a good idea to use 1 or 2 on each layer of polyester or nylon?
Isent the cotton going to rot out after a year or less?
Probably need 1 in each layer to wick the moisture in.
Lets see now dosn't polyester create static? Hum maybe nylon also.
I think I need help figuring this but its something worth considering right?
FrznWtr

FrozenWaterLab

Looking at this DRIVE BELT TENSIONER
Or something like it.
Field trip to the auto junk yard is in order
Question is can the steel wheel be replaced with a hard rubber one?
FrznWtr