Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Late Harvest Moon

Started by TechStuf, August 10, 2010, 04:26:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: gravityblock on October 01, 2010, 04:32:13 PM
The Holy Scriptures provide the proof in that He is able and willing to prevent evil, and this is material evidence and logical proof.  If your existence is not material evidence, then there is nothing in your mind that could ever be.  You sound like Hawking when saying God isn't neccessary to explain the universe, and Hawking's appears to be not of a sound mind. It's also not neccessary for us to believe we are breathing in air, but this in no way means the air does not exist, and the same is true for God and the universe.  You will die a spiritual death without God, just like you will die a physical death without air.  Is God neccessary? Nope, you have the choice to deny His existence while experiencing a spirititual death.  Is breathing air neccessary? Nope, you have the choice to hold your breath while experiencing a physical death.  Is God neccessary to explain the universe? Nope, but you won't have the proper understanding of the universe without him.

GB
the holy 'babble' is no more evidence of god willingness to do 'good' than the starwars novels are evidence of jedi's willingness to do good... ::) your argument is circular, see petitio principii. furthermore, you are putting the cart before the horse. you need to prove you imaginary godfairy before you go using the bible as evidence of 'him'. i would suggest that hawking's mind is more sound than one who uses the holy 'babble' as evidence of god and his will...
as i said before my existence is no more proof of god than it is proof of elves and hobbits and balrogs. the silmarillion is as valid of a genesis story as the one in the holy 'babble'.

you see, i can take your 'logic' and your 'material evidence' and substitute nearly anything for 'god' and it holds the same. i can say to you that you will die a spiritual death without the flying spaghetti monster, just like you die a physical death without air. is the flying spaghetti monster necessary? nope, you have the choice to deny his existence while experiencing a spirititual death.  is breathing air necessary? nope, you have the choice to hold your breath while experiencing a physical death. is the flying spaghetti monster necessary to explain the universe? nope, but you won't have the proper understanding of the universe without him... does that make the flying spaghetti monster a reality? NOPE. when you understand why you discredit all the other 'gods', you will understand why i discredit yours...
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

Gwandau

Ateists and Believers alike !

You just have to admit: Nobody really KNOWS anything.

We may believe that we KNOW.

We may be sure that we KNOW.

We may even be permeated by the absolute conviction of KNOWING.

But let's face it: WE DON'T KNOW A F-N THING.

NOBODY DOES.

And maybe this is the very beauty of existence, remaning a mystery.

Gwandau

WilbyInebriated

Quote from: Gwandau on October 01, 2010, 04:44:49 PM
Ateists and Believers alike !

You just have to admit: Nobody really KNOWS anything.

We may believe that we KNOW.

We may be sure that we KNOW.

We may even be permeated by the absolute conviction of KNOWING.

But let's face it: WE DON'T KNOW A F-N THING.

NOBODY DOES.

And maybe this is the very beauty of existence, remaning a mystery.

Gwandau
indeed!
There is no news. There's the truth of the signal. What I see. And, there's the puppet theater...
the Parliament jesters foist on the somnambulant public.  - Mr. Universe

jadon1979

P.S. God can prevent "Evil" but will he all the time?  No.  We have Freewill.  That means we can choose to not do good.  What is "Evil"?  Choosing to do bad things.  You might think Hitler was "Evil" ... which he was... but then... we are all evil!  You lied, cheated, stole, etc etc etc.... all acts of evil.  We place our own emphasis on what is evil and what is not.  We do not have the ability to judge evil as God would.  How can a liar judge another liar or a thief another thief? 

If God stepped in to stop all acts of evil then we wouldn't have free will.  Judge all acts of evil as long as you're looking in the mirror with the realization that you can be evil too. 

gravityblock

Quote from: WilbyInebriated on October 01, 2010, 04:40:41 PM
the holy 'babble' is no more evidence of god willingness to do 'good' than the starwars novels are evidence of jedi's willingness to do good... ::) your argument is circular, see petitio principii. furthermore, you are putting the cart before the horse. you need to prove you imaginary godfairy before you go using the bible as evidence of 'him'.
as i said before my existence is no more proof of god than it is proof of elves and hobbits and balrogs. the silmarillion is as valid of a genesis story as the one in the holy 'babble'.

you see, i can take your 'logic' and your 'material evidence' and substitute nearly anything for 'god' and it holds the same. i can say to you that you will die a spiritual death without the flying spaghetti monster, just like you die a physical death without air. is the flying spaghetti monster necessary? nope, you have the choice to deny his existence while experiencing a spirititual death.  is breathing air necessary? nope, you have the choice to hold your breath while experiencing a physical death. is the flying spaghetti monster necessary to explain the universe? nope, but you won't have the proper understanding of the universe without him... does that make the flying spaghetti monster a reality? NOPE. when you understand why you discredit all the other 'gods', you will understand why i discredit yours...

I'm sorry, but nobody will die a physical or spiritual death without the flying spaghetti monster.  You're talking nonsense now.

GB
Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again, and expecting a different result.

God will confuse the wise with the simplest things of this world.  He will catch the wise in their own craftiness.