Overunity.com Archives is Temporarily on Read Mode Only!

Free Energy will change the World - Free Energy will stop Climate Change - Free Energy will give us hope
and we will not surrender until free energy will be enabled all over the world, to power planes, cars, ships and trains.
Free energy will help the poor to become independent of needing expensive fuels.
So all in all Free energy will bring far more peace to the world than any other invention has already brought to the world.
Those beautiful words were written by Stefan Hartmann/Owner/Admin at overunity.com
Unfortunately now, Stefan Hartmann is very ill and He needs our help
Stefan wanted that I have all these massive data to get it back online
even being as ill as Stefan is, he transferred all databases and folders
that without his help, this Forum Archives would have never been published here
so, please, as the Webmaster and Creator of this Forum, I am asking that you help him
by making a donation on the Paypal Button above
Thanks to ALL for your help!!

Hasn't Anybody Done the Aspden Experiment Yet?

Started by Eighthman, August 11, 2010, 05:47:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eighthman

The last statement I can find is June 2007 in which he still speaks of it with great confidence.
see:

http://www.aetherscience.org/www-aspden-org-uk/3.html

Eighthman

schulz

Hi Eightman,
I have tried to find the text I talked about. No succes. From my memory and the time I saw this text I'm quite sure it was the
the device described in the 2004 patent that has been tested with negative results. Since I cant come up with this ominous paper all I said so far should be treated just as hearsay.
I think this Aspden stuff is absolutly worth serious exploration. Aspden is a very respectable scientist. Based on his Aether model he made important predictions which later proved right experimentaly. So it would certainly be a very good thing if people would ty to implement and test his ideas about energy extraction from the aether.

best regards
schulz

amigo

I wanted to try it, but after seeing the cost of copper sheet metal that's needed to make a test rig I quickly backed away from the idea. :)

Eighthman

PES Wiki/PESN DID report that somebody carefully disproved Aspden's ideas on excess energy in some magnetic gap situations but that wasn't the cap idea.

I need to investigate old physics journals to see if this subject has come up.

nul-points

hi guys

i think the paper which Shulz remembers, where Aspden gives a negative report about his own work, refers to his collaboration with Scott Strachan (spelling correct?) on their 'heat-to-electricity' concept

he reported that it operated as planned but the efficiency degraded over time

from memory, Aspden gave the impression that the project had been 'parked' but that he had an idea what was the problem and what might be the solution

i don't recall reading of any direct attempts at a full implementation of Aspden's Aether-tapping capacitor outline although this concept was the direct inspiration for my capacitor-to-capacitor switched-charge experiments in 2008, looking for any evidence of anomalous energy transfer related to caps

there were some related experiments shown on YouTube with high voltage discharges on home-made metallic tubes (apologies, i forget the usernames now - maybe Lidmotor?)

i used regular spiral-rolled electrolytics and motor-start caps, which were the nearest available off-the-shelf components which gave the necessary radial electric field required by Aspden's predicitons

initial indications (based on text-book statements for energy distribution in charging capacitors) were that the circuit was achieving COP of the order of 20-40% overunity

my final results, however, indicated that although my circuit efficiency was close, it didn't appear to exceed COP = 1

the circuit did clearly show a charge-increase anomaly (as found by other members, also, in different applications) of the order of 30%

i was also able to show that the regular 'text-book' explanation of the electrical 'work' involved in creating charge-separation within a capacitor is wrong - the energy stored in the capacitor increased with a different function to the energy dissipated in the work performed by the charging components
(the regular 'text-book' position is that the amount of energy stored in a capcitor will equal the amount of energy expended ('work' done) in forcing the charge-separation around the circuit to polarise the dielectric)

my conclusions are that mainstream science still only has an approximation to the behaviour of capacitor energy storage and that further investigation is needed

Aspden's original concept involves high-voltage (and, if it worlks, high-energy) - this takes it out of my preferred area of operation!  ;)

i hope you manage to implement and test Aspden's concept - as has been said earlier, he has some serious scientific skills and understanding (unlike some, here in this forum, who just like to give that impression!)

i was priviliged to speak to him whilst i was carrying out my experiments and he was a gracious gentleman (of advancing years) who seemed genuinely pleased that others were following up on his ideas

all the best with your experiments
sandy
"To do is to be" ---  Descartes;
"To be is to do"  ---  Jean Paul Sarte;
"Do be do be do" ---  F. Sinatra